• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Howard; Spector, Onyewu, Ream, Lichaj; Rogers, Edu, Jones, Kljestan; Agudelo, Altidore

Bob playing this match as he should, not making it anything more than a tune up friendly.

I'm just embarrassed as a US fan though when I see us trotting out Robbie Rogers against the current world champions.

I'm just embarrassed as a US fan though when I see us trotting out Robbie Rogers against the current world champions.

You know he's gonna have a great game and score now that you said that, don't you?

Also, this college softball crap can hurry up and end already. At least the home team is ahead at the moment.

Reina; Ramos, Pique, Albiol, Arbeloa; Busquets, Alonso, Cazorla, Silva, Negredo, Villa

This could get ugly. I've said out loud all day "it's just a friendly, gold cup is all that matters"

Looks like Goodson might be in line to start against Canada. Other than Wondo, Bedoya, and Adu, the other field player non-starters are pretty clearly the first team. I guess even Wondo could be a starting striker depending how camp went.

Crowd looks great. Not quite a full house (looks like some empty seats in the corners of the upper deck) but easily over 60k

Also, it is unbelievably gorgeous out today in eastern Mass. Couldn't ask for a better day for a game

Would've liked to see a strong side. We really shouldn't be worried about canada

One of these games means something for us and one is a friendly. Yeah, we're better than Canada. But stranger things have happened in soccer... you get ready for the important match.

Back