• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff Battle and Providence?

How is "he's gone" pretty clearly speculation?

to be fair, lawdeke is always full of shit so that should've been a clue, but that phrase is not "clearly" speculation

He didn't say it as fact. He was clearly basing it on opinion. Read his posts. In a private decision like this, it's hard to say anybody "knew" something. That's why I don't think ConnorEl realizes the difference.

Last edited:
Anyone who knows Coach Battle knows that his son's interests have played a major role in his job decisions over the past several years. I SPECULATE that Coach Battle may have been the primary reason Wellman wanted a new coach to retain the staff.

I hope Coach Battle has a chance to leave for a head job soon. He deserves it.

I'm not one to defend Ph all that often, but this is a message board. You only have yourself to blame if you don't assume everything is opinion outside of someone stating that they have an inside source.

I don't think any such posts were made about Battle - just a whole lot of BzzOut folks who love Battle and figured it made sense considering their rumored differences.

This thread has taken a ridiculous turn.

Regardless, very happy Coach B is staying. Can't say too many good things about him.

I'm inclined to restate that this scoop, as it were, was posted by Battle himself on Twitter. Then Ish reposted over here.

It's a brave new world we live in.

Yep. No "insiders" or even beat reporters needed.

I'm inclined to restate that this scoop, as it were, was posted by Battle himself on Twitter. Then Ish reposted over here.

It's a brave new world we live in.

I knew before all y'all tho, because I have Premium Twitter.

Coach Bz and Wellman probably had the good sense to make him a counter offer he couldn't refuse.

Coach Bz and Wellman probably had the good sense to make him a counter offer he couldn't refuse.

I sort of doubt this. I have the feeling Providence would have thrown as much money at him as possible based on what they spent on Cooley and their extreme commitment to upgrading their bball at the moment. I highly doubt this came down to money.

Interesting point...Jordan has to like Wake Forest since his dad has been there for 10 years.

I sort of doubt this. I have the feeling Providence would have thrown as much money at him as possible based on what they spent on Cooley and their extreme commitment to upgrading their bball at the moment. I highly doubt this came down to money.

Sorry didn't mean to suggest it came down to money, I was thinking of several areas he might like to address. Love your insights awg on recruiting etc..

Back