• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bobby Lutz Finally Reaches the ACC

HeavyPetter

Carnal Decadence
Reaction score
As an assistant to Mark Gottfried. You've got to figure that there's no way Dino will be on this staff now.

http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2011/04/wolfpack-close-to-hiring-lutz.html

PH11NF4D_lutz.bobby_2.jpg

Cheesy MF'er

Here we go. There's something about a moustachioed Bobby Lutz that just screams NCSU:

topper-lutz.jpg

He's been at Iowa State the last two years. With his NC roots, it's a great job for the Stache.

You are kidding... If it was Lutz instead of Dino, State has already screwed the pooch.

Does this mean no more jokes about him denying interest in other positions, or does this just re-energize those jokes? Because frankly, that is the first thing I think about when I hear Lutz's name, and usually the first thing I think about when a job opens up.

Remind me again how the mustache man left UNCC..

I'm guessing there's a reason for the Lutz hate that I don't know about? Pretty good coach while UNCC was in a conference that made any sense for them. I always liked the guy. Should be a good assistant

I like and respect Lutz. Just conjecture on my part but I think he is part of a generation of coaches that struggles to relate to and motivate today's typical D1 player. I would add Buzz to this group as well. Wish him well at State. I will be curious to see if he tries to return to an HC position. He is only 53 so he has some years left.

I'm guessing there's a reason for the Lutz hate that I don't know about? Pretty good coach while UNCC was in a conference that made any sense for them. I always liked the guy. Should be a good assistant

He publicly "took his name out of the running" for the WF vacancy when Odom left in 2001. That's great, but there was no evidence or indication that anyone connected with WF, including Ron Wellman, ever contacted Lutz or was even remotely considering him for the head coaching vacancy.

Just sort of a dick move / self-initiated power play that made it look like he was a candidate and that he was forcing us to move on to our "next" candidates when in actuality, WF had no interest in Lutz whatsoever.

Back