• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update 4/10/11

LeBryan's not exactly a surprise 5* or anything. Okie State has a fairly storied bball history (Henry Iba, Eddie Sutton) and regularly grabs a 5* now and then. James Anderson and Obi Muonelo come to mind. As for Guerrero, he's not exactly some superstar. We wanted him too, but couldn't get him for academic reasons. I imagine his list of suitors was hampered by that, and OkState has always shown a willingness to take jucos and kids that barely qualify.

Hmm? Don't remember hearing that.

There was definitely a mini-"we want Cezar Guerrero" period on the old boards.

Hmm? Don't remember hearing that.

Ah, sorry. This may have been some old premium stuff and I've forgotten it was "pay" material. Either way, it's so long ago that I don't think it matters now.

But yea, I think there were academic issues with Guerrero. Mutual interest was there though I think. Someone with a better memory or inside knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong.

There was definitely a mini-"we want Cezar Guerrero" period on the old boards.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I had never heard of the academic issues; I definitely knew we wanted him.

Andre Washinton did very well at Pitt Jam Fest Day 1. Really impressed onlookers.We could have another steal for 2012.

Last edited:
All good news! I'm sensing some hope creeping into the fanbase. Maybe some BuzzWaiter converts????? :).

I wouldn't go that far but I do support our players and commits whether they are Bz recruits or not. Besides I respect Coach Battle and his role in getting us ahead of the pack.

Yeah, a couple of tweets from recruiting analysts from espn and scout:

@BSnowScout: Major props to Jeff [Redacted] for locking down Andre Washington... Potential high level 7-footer

@ReggieRankin: East Coast Fusion (VA) big man and Wake Forest commit Andre Washington is a keeper. Super long, finishes and changes shots. Great Upside!!

HOOPSScout Jonathan Watford
I must give the kid some love because I was always hard on him. Andre Washington 2012 C Wake Forest commit, is having a solid wknd so far.

HOOPSScout Jonathan Watford
Andre Washington is still a ways off but u can clearly see upside in his game. Passing out the post, facing up, & blocking shots. #HGJamFest

Andre Washington, C, East Coast Fusion – The Wake Forest pledge has made huge strides in the last year. A legit 7-footer with good hands, a nice touch out to 15 feet, and good mobility, Washington was very tough to stop. Add in the fact that he had several tip dunks, and rebounded well, and it is easy to see why the Deacons jumped all over him. He needs to get into better shape, but the tools are all there and he is just scratching the surface.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1064763.html

Last edited:
Msot of the bgs are transferring from sedcond and third rate schools. I'd hold that last scholarship for a real player.

So the three guys we signed for 2012 are all getting props from others...hmmmmm

I don't think it was that his academics were that big a secret. He was a star who had originally signed with a renegade program. It was also mentioned that St. John Bosco was the HS of NC State Rhodes Scholar Schea Cotton.

Msot of the bgs are transferring from sedcond and third rate schools. I'd hold that last scholarship for a real player.

Really surprised to see Rhody's Akeem Richmond on the transfer list. Don't think anything has come from URI on that. We recruited him for a while during his Soph and Jr seasons, not sure why we didn't offer. He lit up the A-10 his frosh year, but had a soph slump this year.

I guess we've gotten commitments from enough 6'1 guards that he wouldn't be on Bz's radar.

Richmond is the second leading high school scorer in North Carolina history. Here's a link to more info on Richmond.

http://www.projo.com/uri/content/bill_reynolds_akeem_richmond_12-20-09_0NGRR47_v2.2caace0.html

Back