• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kale Abrahamson Interview

Can you give more info on the Dallas event? I'm down here until middle of May.

When is Jankovic's AAU season over, about? I only ask because if Kale is visiting in June, we may have a better idea of whether Jankovic is a real possibility by then.

When is Jankovic's AAU season over, about? I only ask because if Kale is visiting in June, we may have a better idea of whether Jankovic is a real possibility by then.

I'm guessing we'll take the first of the two that commits....sounds like Kale will be close in height when he's done growing.

I'm not sure where he fits in position wise but I have seen several positive reviews on his AAU play on the national sites. I bet he will have some new suitors very soon.

I must admit we are getting out early on some good talent.

I've been really, really impressed with our staff's evaluations.

One thing that still confuses me a little is how quickly we offer these kids. Based on our quick triggers with Rountree and CMM, as well as the perception I get from reading that BSD article, I get the sense that our staff is giving out firm offers long before our recruiting counterparts. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, really. On one hand, there's the due diligence issue. Shouldn't we take some more time to see how these kids develop? Are we only giving out early offers because we feel we can't compete with our peers? On the other hand, if you know you want a kid then you know you want a kid, and being the first on these kids always helps. And thus far, I can't say I'm disappointed with any commits we've picked up or offers we have out(2011 class notwithstanding).

I also think some of the backlash from fans here towards our recruiting has come unintentionally from the fact that we offer kids so early. At the time we offer a kid, people read about Albany and Nebraska as the only other offers and panic. CMM, for instance, was one who IIRC committed here before ever taking visits to other ACC schools. Rumors we were reading were that those schools were planning on offering him, but we just beat them to the point.

Sounds like he's a maybe. At least we were one of the first 'big' schools to offer.

"Stanford, Creighton, Iowa, and Iowa State have all been looking at me closely," said Abrahamson. "I am going to give every school a fair chance and make the decision that is best for me when I have all of the facts. I do plan to make my decision by the end of summer. I want to get it out of the way before my high school season starts."

Here is the ESPN blurb on Kale.

Kale Abrahamson (West Des Moines, Iowa/WDM Valley)

2012, SF, 6-7, 190 pounds | Team: All-Iowa Attack U-17
His combination of size, athleticism and skill level are Kyle Singler-esque and he has a great feel for the game. Although he has a low release on his jumper, he can shoot it from behind the arc and he showed the ability to go get his own shot off the dribble. He sees the floor and makes plays for his teammates, but where he excels is scoring the basketball. He has been operating a little under the national radar, but schools like Nebraska, Iowa and Wake Forest have already started to make a strong run for his services.

Gonna talk to Jankovic soon hopefully.

Back