• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DEACS post NBA Trades

tbpnwe

Reaction score
James Johnson has found a great niche for himself.

He starts for Toronto and has flashed a great all around game. Last night 12 pts., 6 boards, 6 assists.....

Ish has also picked up more minutes with the trade to Memphis.

JJ will stick in the league for a long time.

Ish got more minutes with Houston actually. Ish played in the last set of games for Memphis because they were throwing them.

JJ's finally found minutes, but all of his advanced metrics since moving to Toronto are still pathetic.

Ish got more minutes with Houston actually. Ish played in the last set of games for Memphis because they were throwing them.

his shot still needs A LOT of work, but i thought he played well last night. glad to see him getting some run.

JJ's finally found minutes, but all of his advanced metrics since moving to Toronto are still pathetic.

disagree- PER is up from 8.8 to 13.22 (not a terrible mark), assist rate is way up from 21.63 to 28.04 (8th in the league for SF) and TO rate is way down from 27.81 to 17.19 (still high, but improving). Win share figures are up even more.

What stats are you looking at?

disagree- PER is up from 8.8 to 13.22 (not a terrible mark), assist rate is way up from 21.63 to 28.04 (8th in the league for SF) and TO rate is way down from 27.81 to 17.19 (still high, but improving). Win share figures are up even more.

What stats are you looking at?

His numbers have improved, I'm not discounting that, but those numbers aren't very good for a starting SF in the NBA, especially when you consider the talent that is available at that position throughout the league.

Far cry from pathetic imo.

Cue "that" guy who mentions James "not trying" his soph season.

His numbers have improved, I'm not discounting that, but those numbers aren't very good for a starting SF in the NBA, especially when you consider the talent that is available at that position throughout the league.

Yea, James was definitely more productive with the Raptors and did some nice things, but he played a ton of minutes as the only SF on the roster during an obvious "showcase" situation. I'd be surprised if Toronto didn't try to upgrade at SF this offseason.

He'll definitely stick on a roster for years to come IMHO, but I don't think he did nearly enough since the trade to prevent Toronto from looking to upgrade at the wing.

Cue "that" guy who mentions James "not trying" his soph season.

thankfully BKF doesn't post here often. James played very well his sophomore year, he just shouldn't have stopped going to class like a dummy.

Yea, James was definitely more productive with the Raptors and did some nice things, but he played a ton of minutes as the only SF on the roster during an obvious "showcase" situation. I'd be surprised if Toronto didn't try to upgrade at SF this offseason.

He'll definitely stick on a roster for years to come IMHO, but I don't think he did nearly enough since the trade to prevent Toronto from looking to upgrade at the wing.

agree with that. he's not a starting SF on a good team, but he's at least an average SF for the league, which is pretty good considering this is just his second year and he had pretty spot minutes as a rookie.

Raptors also #3 in the lottery this year, so assuming that it goes as scripted (never a guarantee) they'll have their pick of either Harrison Barnes or Derrick Williams.

James has NBA talent, and any of those guys who get on the floor for a reasonable amount of time are going to get some numbers, but ultimately, the Raptors are going to suck as long as JJ is their starting SF unless they've got three superstars starting with him.

Back