• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fan base divided

Some great points have already been brought up here already. I kept getting the feeling on DS that there was a huge riff between the haves and have nots, even on Premium. There were constraints on information over there, and unless you were part of a clique, you werent privy to it. PH already went into the issues on Premium with the PM's and others who were paying not receiving the information. I was ok with getting commits and other recruiting information a little later on the free board since I wasnt paying for the service. It started with little things like that and snowballed into something much larger.

The community over here is more unified, even with our differing opinions. Hell, even the mods cover the whole spectrum of posting styles and opinions and we're a very cohesive group.

Perhaps part of why I wasn't so dismayed with the other place is because I never subscribed to premium. Just never cared to pay for information just so I could get it a tad earlier.

I have found the moderating over there to be uneven and at times inexplicable. And I've said as much over the years. But maybe that happens anywhere?

Not sure if you're referring to my post, ConnorEl, but that situation was started by someone who does not post over here and his post specifically said that it was in reference to something posted over here.

dv7, nothing like a search to shut down an argument.

252 f-words over the last 2 weeks and 500+ over the last month.

So as many predicted, profanity is slowing down considerably.

right.

look, nobody loves profanity more than me, but the desire to drop one of george carlin's words into every single post wore off quickly.

81 deac stalks me everywhere and calls me out in every post on premium. He is like Buzz's little foot soldier. He even found something I posted on the NC State message board.

Actually, I'm sure he is reading this.. 81, you will never take my anal virginity!! NEVER.

If Ron Wellman was Shredder, 81 would be a lowly member of the Foot Clan even if he thinks he's Bebob or Rocksteady.

right.

look, nobody loves profanity more than me, but the desire to drop one of george carlin's words into every single post wore off quickly.

piss off, you fucking cocksucker. I just took a shit on your cunt of a mother's tits. Goddamn motherfucker.

That should cover me for a while.

I most more over here because I was tired of the wimpiness of the other board. I get so sick of seeing that anyone recruited to Wake or employed by Wake is beyond reproach. Too much sunshine and not enough demand for accountability from our Athletic Department over there. Here, I can post criticism without being called an "idiot" or "pseudo-fan". I have always been fasciniated that the so-called optimists on DS are also the quickest to attack a poster. Things must not be that sunny after all.

It will be interesting to see both boards reactions come football season.

I will be concerned when the bashing stops because that will mean that the posters doing the bashing have come over here. This board is much better off not having the people that regularly make inaccurate generalizations and exaggerations because that's what kills discussion. It's just bad internetry.

Funny, they are talking about these boards over there right now. Those who don't post here are being arrogant IMHO. Also one poster took a shot at those who started these boards as "little nerds."

I'm sure he is some stud ex-linebacker who can back up that bullshit. :rolleyes:

Levytas414 wrote: I dislike most of the people that started that board, the irrationally strong [Redacted] hatred there, and the spoiled/bratty attitude that most of those little nerds possess...plus their whole conspiracy theory and supposed "oppression" from this board

deacfreke2
Totally correct. One other thing I've noticed is that the people who lie about what you've said and misrepresent your point of view are over there as well. It's really a breath of fresh air to have honest people sharing opinions on Wake sports as are here now, and not those fabricating stuff out of nowhere.

Also, it was comical to watch the reactions of the buzzouters to the news from the Carolina Challenge that CMM and Rountree were blowing up. Of course, no one would admit they were wrong about their misguided slams on Bz's ability to recruit, but the backtracking was hilarious.

BTW, I appreciated the apology from one of the mods over there for when other mods hacked my account and altered my information. This is why I referred to having some adults go over there and help them tone down their romper room antics.

Last edited Today 10:51 AM by deacfreke2

deacfreke fits the classic definition of a troll.

I never understood why you would pay for premium on DS. What good is it to have recruiting info a little before everyone else? Does it change anything? I just never got the appeal.

Levytas414 wrote: I dislike most of the people that started that board, the irrationally strong [Redacted] hatred there, and the spoiled/bratty attitude that most of those little nerds possess...plus their whole conspiracy theory and supposed "oppression" from this board

deacfreke2
Totally correct. One other thing I've noticed is that the people who lie about what you've said and misrepresent your point of view are over there as well. It's really a breath of fresh air to have honest people sharing opinions on Wake sports as are here now, and not those fabricating stuff out of nowhere.

Also, it was comical to watch the reactions of the buzzouters to the news from the Carolina Challenge that CMM and Rountree were blowing up. Of course, no one would admit they were wrong about their misguided slams on Bz's ability to recruit, but the backtracking was hilarious.

BTW, I appreciated the apology from one of the mods over there for when other mods hacked my account and altered my information. This is why I referred to having some adults go over there and help them tone down their romper room antics.

Last edited Today 10:51 AM by deacfreke2

Haterz gonna hate.

It is sad: anything that goes right here will be deemed the product of the mature DS fans coming over here and regulating. Anything that goes wrong is the immature buzzouter brats that supposedly started, moderate, and populate this forum.

Funny, they are talking about these boards over there right now. Those who don't post here are being arrogant IMHO. Also one poster took a shot at those who started these boards as "little nerds."

I'm sure he is some stud ex-linebacker who can back up that bullshit. :rolleyes:

I'm a dork, not a nerd. Thank you very much.

Haas?

Too much censorship and backdoor messaging on DS. I didn't like what I perceived to be an intolerance for 'real talk' by the sunshine brigade. I figured there was nothing to lose by checking out this board. As it stands, I haven't been to DS since this board was up. All my WFU message board wants/needs are addressed here.

It's just a bunch of old fuckers set in their ways and adverse to change.

It makes each weaker. There needs to be a peacemaker to bring all sides together.

There's very little that can't be solved if people are willing to try.

Back