• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please Krauthammer, don't hurt 'em.

Then no one does. Brilliant? Man, pass the koolaid. Jimmy Breslin won a Pulitzer as well, and I think he was unreadable.

You are crazy if you don't think Krauthammer is brilliant. You can disagree with him...but to deny his intellect makes you look silly.

This is comical. The man is an eminent psychiatrist and one of the foremost theorists of the neoconservative foreign policy tradition. His credentials blow those of David Brooks (and George Will, for that matter) out of the water.

Jeez, I don't really care. Have his children, he's all yours.

You are crazy if you don't think Krauthammer is brilliant. You can disagree with him...but to deny his intellect makes you look silly.

Thanks for the silly comment, I will remember that for your future posts.

This is comical. The man is an eminent psychiatrist and one of the foremost theorists of the neoconservative foreign policy tradition. His credentials blow those of David Brooks (and George Will, for that matter) out of the water.

WUT? George Will has baller degrees and the same damn Pulitzer. Plus Will saw the light on Iraq.

WUT? George Will has baller degrees and the same damn Pulitzer. Plus Will saw the light on Iraq.

It's not even close. Don't get me wrong, I like George Will, but Krauthammer's intellectual credentials far surpass his.

DeacLaw, I'm like Jolly Roger, compared to Krauthammer.

That is probably true. I bumped into Krauthammer at a Nats game (he damn near ran me over with his wheelchair). I told him I was a fan of his and he literately grunted at me. I loved it.

DeacLaw, I'm like Jolly Roger, compared to Krauthammer.

On the other hand, you probably haven't been paralyzed from the neck down since you were 22, and you probably aren't reliant on a breathing tube. I think he's earned the right to be a little taciturn.

It's not even close. Don't get me wrong, I like George Will, but Krauthammer's intellectual credentials far surpass his.

Agree to disagree. BTW I'll respond to your post on the Money & Housing thread after another couple days of trying to move the LM curve to the right.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Is there any sort of definition on "intellectual credential"? Some way to weight Krauthammer's contributions to psychology/psychiatry against his massive Iraq fail?

Agree to disagree. BTW I'll respond to your post on the Money & Housing thread after another couple days of trying to move the LM curve to the right.

Fair enough, but Krauthammer invented the terms "Reagan Doctrine" and "unipolarity". His effect on U.S. foreign policy has been immeasurable. George Will can write columns about baseball for the next fifty years and never come close to touching that.

As for the Money & Housing thread, take your time. It's become evident that the conversation on that thread isn't going to move on without you. Although I would like to point out that you implied in one of your posts that I thought that deficit spending would shift the LM curve. I overlooked that, and so I didn't respond, but I can assure you that my understanding of the IS-LM model is not so faulty. I was talking about another bond or security buying program, which would of course move the LM curve. Just because we are in a liquidity trap that doesn't mean the LM curve doesn't shift. It just means that it doesn't increase output. If we are going to confine ourselves to the parameters of the model, then cutting taxes, simplifying the tax code, and eliminating unnecessary and burdensome regulations will have a much greater impact on long-term output than transient spending bursts. Not to mention the fact that Republican proposals of spending cuts, while they could cause short-term unemployment, will lead to lower long-term interest rates and hence higher long-term output. Another massive stimulus package, on the other hand, may boost short term employment, but it will result in higher long-term interest rates and hence lower long-term output.

But I digress. Carry on.

His upper lip never moves, like a turtle or an anteater. Completely distracts me from what he's actually saying.

Is there any sort of definition on "intellectual credential"? Some way to weight Krauthammer's contributions to psychology/psychiatry against his massive Iraq fail?

The failure in Iraq was in the implementation of neoconservative philosophy. It will only be known if the implications of Krauthammer's theoretical approach are correct or incorrect decades from now. As of now, Iraq is a (somewhat) functioning republic. The jury is out. Regardless, even if you count Iraq as a "fail", Krauthammer's intellectual achievements still far outpace Will's. So George Will changed his mind and adopted a view that is more closely aligned with yours. Remind me again how that enhances his intellectual credentials?

Fair enough, but Krauthammer invented the terms "Reagan Doctrine" and "unipolarity". His effect on U.S. foreign policy has been immeasurable. George Will can write columns about baseball for the next fifty years and never come close to touching that.

As for the Money & Housing thread, take your time. It's become evident that the conversation on that thread isn't going to move on without you. Although I would like to point out that you implied in one of your posts that I thought that deficit spending would shift the LM curve. I overlooked that, and so I didn't respond, but I can assure you that my understanding of the IS-LM model is not so faulty. I was talking about another bond or security buying program, which would of course move the LM curve. Just because we are in a liquidity trap that doesn't mean the LM curve doesn't shift. It just means that it doesn't increase output. If we are going to confine ourselves to the parameters of the model, then cutting taxes, simplifying the tax code, and eliminating unnecessary and burdensome regulations will have a much greater impact on long-term output than transient spending bursts. Not to mention the fact that Republican proposals of spending cuts, while they could cause short-term unemployment, will lead to lower long-term interest rates and hence higher long-term output. Another massive stimulus package, on the other hand, may boost short term employment, but it will result in higher long-term interest rates and hence lower long-term output.

But I digress. Carry on.

Ok word. Sounds good. Sorry to have been so uncharitable.

I like the baseball columns

Last edited:
Aw man, the lefties had to come in here and spoil the circle jerk. Cmon, you guys have about 20 threads of whacking action. Give us our "fair share."

Back