• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please Krauthammer, don't hurt 'em.

It is pretty telling that it has been four years and Obama isn't running any ads touting his accomplishments. He may win in November, but he's been anything but a successful president so far.

It is pretty telling that it has been four years and Obama isn't running any ads touting his accomplishments. He may win in November, but he's been anything but a successful president so far.

He did screw bondholders at GM and gave the union a majority stake... and he sees that as a model for future reform. So he has that going for him.

Day in and day out I cannot believe that we elected this clown as our president.
"You didn't build that." "No, Mr. President, I did, but, given your background, I can see how you wouldn't understand how I did it."

Anyone realizes that someone helped you get where you are, even if it was your mother. That was his point.

The government needs businesses and businesses need the government.

Day in and day out I cannot believe that we elected this clown as our president.
"You didn't build that." "No, Mr. President, I did, but, given your background, I can see how you wouldn't understand how I did it."

First off, it's laughable that anyone even reads Krauthammer. Secondly, you're going to make that clown comment after GWB? Please.

He's a Pulitzer Prize winner and one of the most respected and brilliant commentators of the last half-century. If he doesn't have credibility, then no one does. Not sure why Skydog all of the sudden believes that his opinions should be discarded. Probably because he appears on Fox News.

He's a Pulitzer Prize winner and one of the most respected and brilliant commentators of the last half-century. If he doesn't have credibility, then no one does. Not sure why Skydog all of the sudden believes that his opinions should be discarded. Probably because he appears on Fox News.

Then no one does. Brilliant? Man, pass the koolaid. Jimmy Breslin won a Pulitzer as well, and I think he was unreadable.

There's good, thoughtful conservative columnists, like George Will and David Brooks, then there's folks like CK.

You cannot seriously believe that Charles Krauthammer is not thoughtful. The guy is one of the intellectual anchors of post-Cold War conservative foreign policy.

Then no one does. Brilliant? Man, pass the koolaid. Jimmy Breslin won a Pulitzer as well, and I think he was unreadable.

This is comical. The man is an eminent psychiatrist and one of the foremost theorists of the neoconservative foreign policy tradition. His credentials blow those of David Brooks (and George Will, for that matter) out of the water.

Last edited:
Anyone realizes that someone helped you get where you are, even if it was your mother. That was his point.

The government needs businesses and businesses need the government.

As gaffes go, the "You didn't build that" is damaging b/c it plays to caricature. It's the Obama equivalent of Romney laughing about firing somebody. Either side could try to spin their way out of that mess, but it only reminds people of the image you're trying to distance yourself from (and the other side is trying to shoe-horn you in).

I continue to believe that the "You didn't build that" is revealing to his view of (perceived) economic fairness/justice. Scarborough---a RINO in many circles---had the best take on it: Instead of dismissing and diminishing those people who have had success, he needs to look at the reasons why other people haven't. Sure, he could say that "lots of people work hard", but is the solution to our problem getting even more out of the people who are already working hard; or are we better off looking at the people that aren't (which he demonstrates absolutely NO interest in talking about)?

I don't think small, job creating businesses are the problem and in need of humbling. Even if you take his point in the most generous light favorable....why is the President of the United States trying to dismiss the accomplishments of small business people? How does that solve anything at all? What problem is that the solution to? THAT (an inadvertent confession of his distraction from the issues) is the most troubling thing of all, and there's no spinning his way out of the fact that if you take HIS context for it, it's a pointless errand in finger-pointing. Great. Thank you Mr. President. Life isn't fair. Thank you for stopping the country to bring this fact to all of our attention. Now what?

Back