• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lekan or Katenda

Lekan or Katenda?

• Lekan

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Katenda

Votes: 19 29.2%

• Total voters

tiltdeac

Reaction score
Assuming we would only take one, who would you prefer and why?

Last edited:
Jeez, tough choice.

I'd probably say Lekan since he's a big body and we desperately need one (and don't have any others really on teh radar). However, I really like Katenda too and his skill set. Hmm.

I'll vote Lekan, but would be really happy to get either.

We need Lekan a lot more. He likes to rebound and is a true center.

He should be able to get 5-8 ppg on putbacks.

He's got very, very good hands and feet. That's a good start for offense.

He won't do much his first year and a half on offense bill be a presence on D and the boards.

We need Lekan a lot more. He likes to rebound and is a true center.

He should be able to get 5-8 ppg on putbacks.

He's got very, very good hands and feet. That's a good start for offense.

He won't do much his first year and a half on offense bill be a presence on D and the boards.

The very good hands thing is great to hear. Where did you see/hear that? (not doubting you, just curious)

The raw truth is neither will help our team next year the way we want/need them to.

I voted for Lekan. He's bigger and looks meaner.

Neither.

I don't think we end up with either one.

Agree it's hard to say.

Seems we're more in need of bulk/strength/rebounding/back-to-the-basket skills and Lekan seems to provide that better than Katenda. But I've not really enough insight to say who might in the long run prove to be the bigger contributor to our team/program.

?

Gotta be Katenda. He is already a good shot blocker and rebounder and he can score. We have Washington committed as a center next year and Walker/Desrosiers for 2011/2012, we need a big PF that can let McKie play the 3 - and Katenda can play right away and make an impact.

The very good hands thing is great to hear. Where did you see/hear that? (not doubting you, just curious)

I saw three of his games on TV. All were against top comp.

If the ball gets near him he catches it.

I'd rather have Lekan in the interest of team mass. We need it. Desperately.

Lekan simply b/c he's bigger and we need big guys asap.

But would still love Katenda to be here too so come on downnnn!

I wonder if this is in play... Would you rather have:

Lekan and Tabb
or
Katenda and Tabb
or
Lekan and Katenda

Largely depends on where [Redacted] wants to play Carson and McKie.

If he wants Carson at the 5 and McKie at the 3 then Katenda

If he wants Carson at the 4 and McKie at the 3 then Lekan.

If he wants Carson at the 5 and McKie at the 4 then it's a toss-up.

Personally, it's looking to me like the plan is to put Carson at center and McKie at small forward thus we need to be looking for a pure pf, Katenda.

The commitment of either one would be a positive because it will have meant that we went head to head with a couple of decent programs and won.

How pure of a 4 is Katenda?

I dont get the impression he is any bigger or more of an inside presence than Tabb. Isnt the knock on him that he's too perimeter oriented?

I'm sure he would fit in just fine. But damn do we need some bangers.

Back