• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Grad and Wake Prof on National TV

I see she is taking the VOLUME approach. MSNBC and FOX tend to do that a lot. If you yell (or use all CAPS) is must mean you are right.

She's normally very calm. The context would really help.

Wow. If you threaten that slice of pie's ability to take your paycheck away from you she gets downright nasty.

She is going to be back at Wake for something this fall, I wonder if she will flip out while there like in that clip. She appeared to be a little unstable.

OLD, you don't know what happened before that clip.

She was a bit over the top, but it is possible she was provoked. Without context, that clip is half a story.

OLD, you don't know what happened before that clip.

She was a bit over the top, but it is possible she was provoked. Without context, that clip is half a story.

True, but as a professional commentator I would think she wouldn't ever come off that way.

People are treating businesses like they are super heroes because of the risks that they take while there are people that risk getting shot just to go home.

Shocker that RJ defends the LOUD method.

I'm just proud that nobody has called her uppity yet.

Hysterical is a word we use to almost exclusively denigrate women. Why is that ok?

Shocker that RJ defends the LOUD method.

No, I said:

"She's normally very calm. The context would really help."

And

"OLD, you don't know what happened before that clip.

She was a bit over the top, but it is possible she was provoked. Without context, that clip is half a story."

Once again Wrangor thinks he can say anything he wants about me. Even when he's totally inaccurate, he won't admit it.

I fucking hate round table scream sessions on cable news channels. Honestly, who watches that stuff? It is usually 4 people (or more) no one has ever heard of trying their best to get noticed by screaming louder and seeming more passionate than anyone else at the table.

I'm just proud that nobody has called her uppity yet.

Hysterical is a word we use to almost exclusively denigrate women. Why is that ok?

Because it's from the same Greek root that gave us the term hysterectomy? The Greek word "hystera" means uterus, so I guess only people who have a uterus can be hysterical. It's only mildly sexist - about on par with the original Smell the Glove album cover.

I fucking hate round table scream sessions on cable news channels. Honestly, who watches that stuff? It is usually 4 people (or more) no one has ever heard of trying their best to get noticed by screaming louder and seeming more passionate than anyone else at the table.

My dad. Trouble is, when you talk to him, you don't know if the last channel he watched was CNN, MSNBC or Fox.

Here's an idea if you're poor and being poor is dangerous than get an education, work hard and you no longer have to be poor. Problem solved.

Back