• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

Not to mention the Bush tax cuts. More people had more money and blew up the housing bubble. I'd love to see a study of where the tax cut dollars went. I'm looking at homes in my neighborhood selling for half what they sold for in the early Bush years. People were using their tax cuts to pay for things that have lost that value since. The jobs they created are gone and didn't provide any lasting value.

This is a hell of an interesting post. I bet most people would love to have that problem now.

An awful lot of talk about personal responsibility and hard work in this speech. If Michelle isn't careful, she's liable to have her own Susana Martinez moment--"Damn! I'm a Republican!" :thumbsup:

This is a hell of an interesting post. I bet most people would love to have that problem now.

I suspect that is because you are a short-sighted simpleton that you can't see that short term fixes have the potential to lead to long lasting problems.

You think too micro. Try to start and think more macro.

An awful lot of talk about personal responsibility and hard work in this speech. If Michelle isn't careful, she's liable to have her own Susana Martinez moment--"Damn! I'm a Republican!" :thumbsup:

Eh? Democrats don't work hard and take care of their responsibilities? News to me.

Stepping outside of my duties as provocateur, Michelle's really good in this role.

P.S. Nodding guy also apparently loves Obama even more than he did four years ago. That's a little weird, bro.

I suspect that is because you are a short-sighted simpleton that you can't see that short term fixes have the potential to lead to long lasting problems.

An interesting comment to make on the day we tripped 16 trillion on the debt odometer.

Que? Our problems right now are short term.

That kind of makes my point in a way, doesn't it?

If your critique is "failure to grasp the long-term consequences from a series of short-term (non)fixes", wouldn't Ryan''s Plan beat "Hope/Change/Borrow" every time?

Prett sad when your own party doesn't want to bring out recently-serving 2 term POTUS and Veep.

Much less, when their nominee never talks about the only time he actually governed. If I didn't know better, I would think that Bain and the Olympics is all Romney ever did.

Better to solve short term problems with long term solutions than cause long term problems with short term solutions.

No no no. The bullshitters come out and ruin everything unless there's a crisis. Therefore, get things done at crisis times. If we can't get it right in a crisis, why would we get it right with less incentive?

Back