• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney's Taxes Held Ransom??

We have our own liberal version of birthers on the board. This is entertaining.

Me. I don't tend to cover my head in tin foil. You think the guy has never been audited? Seriously? Probably every year since he started running for President.

You think that if he was audited that means the IRS didn't find any problems?

You think that if he was audited that means the IRS didn't find any problems?

You think that wouldn't already be a public knowledge in this election atmosphere? Obama doesn't know people down the street? Seriously?

Whooooo gives a fuck.... It is every Americans responsibility to legally avoid taxes

You think that wouldn't already be a public knowledge in this election atmosphere? Obama doesn't know people down the street? Seriously?

Um, yes. I believe that the IRS would not release that information if Romney did not make his tax returns public. And weren't you saying that you don't wear tinfoil on your head?

Um, yes. I believe that the IRS would not release that information if Romney did not make his tax returns public. And weren't you saying that you don't wear tinfoil on your head?

I did. But you really don't think there would have been an unsourced "leak?" Ah, screw it. Believe what you want to believe. If you think Romney is a tax cheat like Geitner then so be it. Ask yourself why he would risk it. Meh.

You are just way off on this issue. Not on most issues, but on this one.

I don't care if he shows you fourty years of returns. I personally don't think you'll find a thing. And I don't really care if Obama discloses his college application and transcripts. I know enough about the two of them now to know who I will vote for and all but about 7% of likely voters do too. Cheers.

That's what you should do.....before you decide to vote for him.....because it shows an incredible lack of sense, or an incredible amount of arrogance......neither of which are good traits to have in a president.

Yeah, I'm sure he's a tax cheat. You must be right. You should petition the IRS to right this wrong. You're a tax payer.

So funny that when Romney doesn't want to release his taxes he his hiding something nefarious but when Obama didn't want to release his birth certificate it was just him not bowing to racists.

Obama was benefiting from the birther issue, because it made the right look crazy, and therefore did not disclose (until the issue had no more utility, when he did disclose). Makes sense. Romney is getting creamed by the tax return issue, yet not disclosing. Which makes no sense, unless he can't disclose, because it would hurt him. See the difference?

Obama was benefiting from the birther issue, because it made the right look crazy, and therefore did not disclose (until the issue had no more utility, when he did disclose). Makes sense. Romney is getting creamed by the tax return issue, yet not disclosing. Which makes no sense, unless he can't disclose, because it would hurt him. See the difference?

In what poll is he getting creamed? Nobody is talking about this except on this board or some blogs.

They are both hiding something bad, there is no real difference.

What was Obama hiding in his birth certificate?

In what poll is he getting creamed? Nobody is talking about this except on this board or some blogs.

Dirk, I have no idea where you get your election info, but you're not appearing to be well informed. The reason the Ryan VP choice was leaked before the GOP convention, on the weekend, during the Olympics, was because the Romney camp was desperate to switch the narrative from the tax return issue. He'd dropped 2-3 point in the polls, and they needed to get off the defensive. So they burned the VP bump early to try to change the tax narrative. This isn't secret information.

You think that happened over an issue that wasn't a problem? You think they don't know that this makes their candidate look bad, and will be a nightmare to deal with in the debates? Maybe try Google and check out some insider analysis. It's widely available.

They are both hiding something bad, there is no real difference.

What was bad that was Obama hiding? He only didn't disclose because the issue helped him and made his opponents look nutty. When it stopped helping, he handed it over and turned the page. This is pretty much the exact opposite of the tax issue for Romney. It's an open wound that he refuses to address.

Back