• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

CHeesecake Factory is now Restoration Hardware, hommie.

wfudkn, there are some decent options around there.

Around the Malls/ Intersection Ptree &Piedmont:

Red Pepper Taqueria is opening any day now and is in walking.

Seven Lamps is walking, sort of a small craft bar with good food.

The Tavern at Phipps has pretty decent food and cocktail waitress that are excellent scenery.

For more upscale in Bhead that is also close:

Bistro Niko, King & Duke, Umi, Tomo (last two are high end sushi, need rez for all of these)

Buckhead/Lenox was a dining graveyard for about 4-5 years, but it has recently resurfaced with some decent options.

So I just found out where I'll be staying later this month. It'll be at the corner of Peachtree and Lenox in Buckhead. I see that there is a mall across the street, which doesn't give me a lot of hope. But is there any decent food around that area?

Is The Palm still in the Westin (former Swisshotel) there at the mall? Thats within walking distance, and Chops / Lobster Bar is about 1 mile away.

CHeesecake Factory is now Restoration Hardware, hommie.

wfudkn, there are some decent options around there.

Around the Malls/ Intersection Ptree &Piedmont:

Red Pepper Taqueria is opening any day now and is in walking.

Seven Lamps is walking, sort of a small craft bar with good food.

The Tavern at Phipps has pretty decent food and cocktail waitress that are excellent scenery.

For more upscale in Bhead that is also close:

Bistro Niko, King & Duke, Umi, Tomo (last two are high end sushi, need rez for all of these)

Buckhead/Lenox was a dining graveyard for about 4-5 years, but it has recently resurfaced with some decent options.

Tomo is definitely my favorite sushi in ATL. While not as good as Bears and Deacs' house, the Bourbon Bar at Southern Art is solid. The restaurant itself is decent, but would not make my list of places to send someone from out of town. It is basically across the street from Bistro Niko.

My b'day happens to be the week we are there and I'm looking for something really good for that night, even if it's not near the hotel. Where would y'all go for a super meal in town?

My b'day happens to be the week we are there and I'm looking for something really good for that night, even if it's not near the hotel. Where would y'all go for a super meal in town?

Restaurant Eugene qualifies as a super meal. I think TwinAndreBen said that Quinones at Bacchanalia is only open Saturdays, but if your b'day is on Saturday, that definitely qualifies as super. How much coin are you looking to drop? There are plenty of really good places that won't set you back as far as those two.

Restaurant Eugene qualifies as a super meal. I think TwinAndreBen said that Quinones at Bacchanalia is only open Saturdays, but if your b'day is on Saturday, that definitely qualifies as super. How much coin are you looking to drop? There are plenty of really good places that won't set you back as far as those two.

Sat night wont work, but I'm not concerned about cost, though I'm also not driven by cost. if the best meal is $20 per person, then that's great. It its $300 per person thats ok too. I just want good.

Bacchanalia (not Quinones) is better than Eugene for "very fine" dining IMO? But for a bday I would say they are both more fancy than fun.
Steak? Bones, Hal's, Rathbun Steak, and Chops are all close enough
Good fun and funner? Empire State South, Aria, Rathbun's are all good choices IMO

For a pricey occasion meal, I like Eugene a little better than reg Bach, but they are both really good meals, if expensive.

I like Rathbuns as well, but lotsa people think the food there is overseasoned (myself not included).

Great meals can also be had @ Miller Union and ESS.

I like Eugene over Bach too, but both are damn fine meals. I am not a steak person, so Bones, Hal's Chops, etc. are never on my radar in giving restaurant recommendations, but I forget that most people do like a good steak. ESS and Miller Union would have been my next two recs for something less pricey than Eugene.

Thanks for the recs guys. I'm not a fan of steak houses in general so those wouldn't be my first choices either, but I'll defs look into the other ones.

I haven't been to ATL in a number of years, but I remember Woodfire Grill being really good. Is that nor the case anymore, or are there just much better options?

Thanks for the recs guys. I'm not a fan of steak houses in general so those wouldn't be my first choices either, but I'll defs look into the other ones.

I haven't been to ATL in a number of years, but I remember Woodfire Grill being really good. Is that nor the case anymore, or are there just much better options?
Good but not great IMO. Got to popular and fell off a bit.

Seven Lamps is over next to Lenox, its worth going to, I really enjoyed it.

Gillespie isn't at Woodfire anymore, no real reason to go now I'ms told

Back