• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

Going to be in ATL for a few days over the holidays with the wife and we will go to the dinner just the two of us one night. I was born and raised there, but dont get back often, so when I do, usually just hit up old favorites (think Willys/Fellini's/Houston's). Where should we go for our dinner? Open to all neighborhoods and most price points. Ideally, would like something reasonably unique to Atlanta/harder to get in DC (where we live), but open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance to ATL foodies Go/TAB/MM for the help.

Going to be in ATL for a few days over the holidays with the wife and we will go to the dinner just the two of us one night. I was born and raised there, but dont get back often, so when I do, usually just hit up old favorites (think Willys/Fellini's/Houston's). Where should we go for our dinner? Open to all neighborhoods and most price points. Ideally, would like something reasonably unique to Atlanta/harder to get in DC (where we live), but open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance to ATL foodies Go/TAB/MM for the help.

One Eared Stag

And if you don't have great Sichuan, Tasty China (Marietta location)

Ha, just had another friend offer an unequivocal rec of One Eared Stag as well, so just made a reservation. Very much looking forward to it.

Rathbun's Steak.

I'm trying to think of unique vs. DC, One Eared is unique and very good. Plus MM is right, that restaurant is probably the hottest as in cooking the best food right now in town.

Is there not a Houston's in Georgetown anymore? Sad.

There is a Houston's equivalent (same restaurant, different name so they can get around the calorie rules in some states) in Bethesda that we used to go to when we lived in DC (in Old Town now), but not one in Georgetown.

From looking at menu, OES definitely looks like what I am aiming for, not much like that in DC right now.

Hitting up Optimist and King and Duke while back home in Atlanta for Christmas. Looking forward to them.

And if you don't have great Sichuan, Tasty China (Marietta location)

Gu's Bistro will satisfy this if you don't want to drive to Marietta, and it's just a couple of blocks from the Buford Highway Farmer's Market, which will be a great place to visit if you are here for the holidays and need some diversions.

Gu's Bistro will satisfy this if you don't want to drive to Marietta, and it's just a couple of blocks from the Buford Highway Farmer's Market, which will be a great place to visit if you are here for the holidays and need some diversions.

Gu's is great and they have the best beer selection I've ever seen in a chinkanese restaurant.

Hitting up Optimist and King and Duke while back home in Atlanta for Christmas. Looking forward to them.

You should do no. 246 and just complete the Ford Fry trilogy. J/k.

Get extra shrimp toast

what part of town do you live in bearsanddeacs?

bhojanic blows buzz's balls

I still have diarrhea from Rose of India.

From Moonz list I have been to a couple and my favorite from that list is definitely Himalayas off Peachtree industrial in Chamblee.

Most of the better Indian restaurants are clustered throughout Alpharetta where there is a high concentration of middle class Indians (dot not feather) living in their McMansions.

Back