• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ever been charged with a crime you didn't commit?

Back in the 70s I was sent to prison for a crime I didn't commit
Ended up escaping from a maximum security prison and wound up in the Los Angeles underground and have been living as a solider of fortune ever since.
Got a bitchin' van

Once while serving as voluntary crime watch captain I shot this suspicious looking black kid in the chest but I convinced the authorities it was self-defense. Does that count?

Every day at eight in the morning I am brought my breakfast by Mrs. Grubach's cook--Mrs. Grubach is my landlady--but today she didn't come. Both hungry and disconcerted, I'll ring the bell for her.

Hang on, there's a knock at the door...

A buddy and I were driving my Skylark across country and got accused of killing a convenience store clerk, but it turned out it was a couple of other guys driving an Pontiac Tempest.

Spent many years in a hellhole prison for a murder I didn't commit. The warden even found out I was innocent and killed the prisoner who was going to exonerate me to protect himself since I was helping him with a kickback scheme to use prison labor for certain jobs. I got my revenge by escaping and framing the warden. He shot himself before he was arrested. I now live in Mexico working on my boat with a bud who was paroled after my escape.

Spent many years in a hellhole prison for a murder I didn't commit. The warden even found out I was innocent and killed the prisoner who was going to exonerate me to protect himself since I was helping him with a kickback scheme to use prison labor for certain jobs. I got my revenge by escaping and framing the warden. He shot himself before he was arrested. I now live in Mexico working on my boat with a bud who was paroled after my escape.

Beat me to it.

A buddy and I were driving my Skylark across country and got accused of killing a convenience store clerk, but it turned out it was a couple of other guys driving an Pontiac Tempest.

Well, part of your problem was admitting "I shot the clerk."

I usually brought my lunch in 1st grade. One day a kid offered me his free hot lunch ticket and I was all excited. I got in line for lunch and some girl was missing her lunch ticket. The teacher sees my lunchbox in the cubbies and accuses me of being a thief. Kid that gave me the ticket wouldn't back me up.

Ok, actual true story:

This lawyer I was working with was very good at his job. Believed in virtue, the role of the court system, all of it. Then shit started hitting the fan. His fiancee was killed. The terrorist attacks (never forget). He was in an accident and got jacked up quite a bit.

Well, my lawyer friend changed. He quit caring. He was angry at the world. He ended up killing a bunch of people, including some police. He then died himself. I was there when it happened. He was such a good guy before it all went to hell that I decided to take the fall for him.

So, they hunt me, because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.

This is a true story:

20 years ago I came pedaling home from work on my bicycle. Lived on the peninsula in Seattle so it was steep climb and I was totally gassed. Get to the top of the hill to the house I was renting with two guys I didn't know all that well and there were three cop cars parked on the road and six cops in the yard and the front door. I pedaled up and they pulled me off my bike and asked me if I was [my roommate]. I said no. They had me open up the house and I said the guys's name (MIke) and he said "what" from the other room and they barged past me and arrested him. He asked me to call his sister as he left and it took me a good hour to find her number.

He had been trying to buy property in the mountains and had been sleeping in the back of his truck at a rest stop where a woman was raped and knifed (she lived, but it was attempted murder charge). She apparently IDed him off a black and white copy of his driver's license. The county responsible was totally fucked. It was a town in Washington state dressed up to look like a German village. Anyway, they arrest him, he fails the lie detector test and I start to think maybe he did it. He gets house arrest (his sister was married to a local attorney) and I go visit him and he asks if I will take all his money and send it to him somewhere in Mexico and I say no. Now I think he really did do it.

First day of the trial, the woman walks past him in the hallway. He doesn't recognize her obviously and before the trial even starts she says that's not the guy.

This town ended up in a huge scandal for arresting just about every adult with children for child molestation via a day care center that turned out to be nothing but an insane sheriff and few idiots getting 3 year old kids to say that everyone they knew molested them. Can't remember the name of the town.

I think his best role was as "Hank Weldon" in a Miami Vice episode "Out Where the Buses Don't Run". Anyone remember that one? (Great soundtrack, too: "Brothers in Arms".)

Nah, those years spent helping MacGyver trump all....

Back