• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fashion Thread

I roll the shorts. Well one roll like that.

The jeans I wear are too long, so I roll them up. And the shorter length is too short.

Saw 5 pairs of ankle rolled up jeans/slacked while walking to lunch and back today. This is happenning.

1. That's barely rolled up compared to what most people are doing.

2. It's been happening. For a while. Here's a CONSERVATIVE pic of me from almost 3 years ago.

H9fl4.jpg

So you're a hipster then?

Rolling up your cuffs one or two rolls doesn't make you a hipster. That look's been features in hundreds of magazines/photoshoots/commercials.

I was just pointing out that it wasn't new, and you were completely wasting your time taking pics of it like you had discovered some new trend.

Rolling up your cuffs one or two rolls doesn't make you a hipster. That look's been features in hundreds of magazines/photoshoots/commercials.

I was just pointing out that it wasn't new, and you were completely wasting your time taking pics of it like you had discovered some new trend.

http://marionberrystyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/cuffed-jeans-dos-and-donts.html

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

That said, cuffed jeans have made a recent resurgence as celebrities and fashionistas everywhere are rolling up and walking out in style.

I never once saw anyone with cuffed jeans my entire time in Las Vegas. Had I, much fun would have been had at their expense at the time.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/fashion/story/2012-06-13/pegged-pants-trend/55555372/1

Updated 6/12/2012 10:04 PM

The short of it for guys these days, stylewise? Cropped, cuffed, rolled and even pegged pants, jeans and trousers.

It's a street-ready incarnation of the unfussy formality pioneered several years ago by designer Thom Browne and his flood-plain-friendly suits. The trend is "a case study in how something can evolve from shocking to downright normal but without you even noticing," says Tyler Thoreson, a vice president for Gilt Man and brother site Park & Bond.

"Now, you look at a guy with even a pair of jeans bunching up around his ankles, and it just looks wrong."

http://marionberrystyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/cuffed-jeans-dos-and-donts.html

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

That said, cuffed jeans have made a recent resurgence as celebrities and fashionistas everywhere are rolling up and walking out in style.

I never once saw anyone with cuffed jeans my entire time in Las Vegas. Had I, much fun would have been had at their expense at the time.

Great. You found a so-called fashion blogger who has completely invalidated whatever expertise she claims to have.

marionberry said:
Style + Design used to be a huge part of my life as an event designer/planner. Now that I'm a school psychologist, I get to work with munchkins everyday...except I've noticed that munchkins don't want to talk about shoes or paint color. Sad face...

In an effort to re-inject style inspiration into my life and connect with others who look for the fun and beauty in the everyday detail, I've decided to start this personal lifestyle, fashion and design blog.

Yep. Defs an expert.

I mean I wore cuffed pants in the 90's, but that doesn't mean it isn't a new trend since it went out of style long ago.

It may just not be new to you since you're a hipster, and you're ahead of the rest of us.

I mean I wore cuffed pants in the 90's, but that doesn't mean it isn't a new trend since it went out of style long ago.

It may just not be new to you since you're a hipster, and you're ahead of the rest of us.

Or maybe it just shows that you're 2-5 years behind everyone else.

Photo from a March 2011 GQ article:

GKhFm.jpg

But yep. Rolling up the cuffs and showing the ankles is SO NEW BECAUSE USA TODAY SAID IT WAS!!

People generally lag behind GQ styles quite a bit, unless you're gay you aren't reading a GQ mag and immediately picking up whatever brand new trend they're going for.

Also, those are short, not cuffed I believe.

People generally lag behind GQ styles quite a bit, unless you're gay you aren't reading a GQ mag and immediately picking up whatever brand new trend they're going for.

You surround yourself with the same (boring) types of people day-to-day. Not surprising you hold this opinion.

Also GQ is usually about 6-18 months behind on most things.

I just do what the gays that dress well did the previous season.

People in Vegas dress terribad. I'm surprised lalaland is the same way.

You surround yourself with the same (boring) types of people day-to-day. Not surprising you hold this opinion.

Also GQ is usually about 6-18 months behind on most things.

So people are boring or not depending on their clothes. You take that right out of the hipster bible?

I can be called many things, boring is not one of them.

Don't you live in W-S? Are people really dressing the freshest new styles Friday night at Opera House? Didn't know Hanes mall was that current.

Last edited:
So people are boring or not depending on their clothes. You take that right out of the hipster bible?

I can be called many things, boring is not one of them.

Don't you live in W-S? Are people really dressing the freshest new styles Friday night at Opera House? Didn't know Hanes mall was that current.

Sorry. Should have clarified that your friends all have boring fashion sense. Can't comment on their personality without having met them.

I'm in DC. Also I don't dress according to the people that surround me. That's just stupid. I'm not desperate enough to fit in with the locals that I'll dumb down my steeze.

I'm not fashionable at all but what palma posted WRT the ankle rolling isn't fresh at all, its actually kinda standard (not like I do it because I have the tastes of a fifth grader)

I'm not fashionable at all but what palma posted WRT the ankle rolling isn't fresh at all, its actually kinda standard (not like I do it because I have the tastes of a fifth grader)

Yup. Although maybe Palma gets piled on too much. He should start a poker thread where he might actually be able to give cognizant advice within his own domain of knowledge.

Back