• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fashion Thread

actually, nevermind. looks like they dont make clothes for giants. grrrrrr.........

haha dang that's a bummer man. I don't use them much, but the emails I get from them, their stuff is really nice. Gonna see if I can just post the invite on here: http://foak.co/rjja/sh77

Check your rep! I'm interested.

Thanks dawg. And me sending an invite is the same as requesting an invitation. Somebody sent me an invite & it still took a few days to be accepted. So just go to Frank & Oak's website!

Also, it's not email specific. An invite can be used by multiple people. So you can click the link above. If not, tell me & I'll get you one!

ah, ok. I just submitted an application. They said they are full so I'll just wait on them.

going with one of my engaged friends this afternoon to pick out bridesmaid dresses. i realized i have a bit of an obsession with one-shouldered dresses, because literally everything i'm picking out to send to her to pre-shop is one-shouldered and that's the one style she doesn't want us in. #uh-oh

I just did this with my friend who went with lulakate dresses as well. She picked out three dresses for us to choose from, and I went in there set on a more classic v-neck style even though I am generally obsessed with one-shoulder styles as well. As it turned out, the one-should looked soooo much better on me, so that's the one I went with!

i've just spent way too much time looking at lulakate dresses.

me too :). i had never heard of them before. they actually have some attractive bridesmaids dresses! i had started to think attractive bridesmaids dresses didn't actually exist!

I just did this with my friend who went with lulakate dresses as well. She picked out three dresses for us to choose from, and I went in there set on a more classic v-neck style even though I am generally obsessed with one-shoulder styles as well. As it turned out, the one-should looked soooo much better on me, so that's the one I went with!

me too :). i had never heard of them before. they actually have some attractive bridesmaids dresses! i had started to think attractive bridesmaids dresses didn't actually exist!

yes! we all loved them-- they're really nice without being the same old same old j.crew b-maid dresses. They kind of remind me of plainer lilly pulitzer dresses in the way they're made. We didn't end up picking one for sure yesterday but settled on a fabric, color, skirt style and waistband style... the bride hadn't decided whether or not she wants us all in exactly the same dress or different top styles (with the same skirt/waistband/fabric) I really thought I would have loooved the one-shoulders on me, but after trying on i actually liked those the least and loved this one:

LulaKate4-4-12-AD-338.jpg

and this one from coren moore (in a different, matte fabric):

nolan2012-2.jpg

haha i saw that yesterday and was like "OMG I MUST TRY THAT ON" but it was :sick: on me. the bow is a lot fluffier in person and basically made me look like i had no neck.

i wondered about that bow. it looks like something that would bug the hell out of me if i were actually wearing it. they have a really similar look without the bow though. maybe it would be better?

I like the bridal gowns, too- they seem easy to spruce up (but are still seemingly expensive for what they are)

my personal favorite is this one:

LulaKate4-4-12-AD-254.jpg

That's the one I ended up getting. It really worked with my shoulders and the bow was a lot smaller than that in real life. I'm hoping that it wasn't just the sample and that the bow doesn't end up looking huge on my actual dress when I get it.

I really was pretty pleased overall with the dresses, definitely have some re-wearable potential depending on the color. My dress is navy blue, so I'm hoping that I can wear it elsewhere without it looking too bridesmaid-y.

i like. my chinos similar to those i had to get tapered a bit because they felt like bell bottoms.

Back