• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Serious question, not being argumentative - why would reduced marginal rates encourage increased production if the effective rate stays the same?

The only thing I can think is that if it led to reduced withholding you would have more cash in hand during the year.

Serious question, not being argumentative - why would reduced marginal rates encourage increased production if the effective rate stays the same?

It won't....stopping making sense.

If there is effectively a revenue neutral tax plan, how will it create any new demand? Without new demand no company will create new production.

@KingD
Romney just need to talk about his stacks. "Wanna get rich vote for Romney"

I think Romney is winning the battle over content here, but is losing the style portion.

Sure, it has to with how businesses write off various deductions that don't necessarily correspond with production. So if you own a widget factory and produce 0 widgets a year and your rival produces 10, you both are able to take advantage of loopholes (too many to list) that aren't related to production.

I really don't understand the purpose of debates.

read their policies, figure out how viable their proposals are, do some fact-checking, etc.

media

My grandfather is trying to spend his money as quickly as possible so that he qualifies for VA assistance.

The President's grandmother goes from being a VP at a bank to being dependent on the government for healthcare?

If I don't like the insurance company, I can fire them.

You can't have more. Romney says it's "revenue neutral".

Yes you can. If you pay less withholding based on your lower marginal rate you are having less taken out of each check. Ergo more cash on hand.

You could get hit at the end of the year though.

I mean, I know a lot of seniors who were successful during their working years who utilize Medicare. They paid for it, they should get to use it, right?

The President's grandmother goes from being a VP at a bank to being dependent on the government for healthcare?

Both guys seem to just be making stories up. I met so and so in some swing state and she told me that if the other guy gets elected she'll die. So vote for me so Mary Jane Rottencrotch in Dayton, Ohio doesn't die.

Obama seems a bit clumsy tonight. Too many anecdotes.

No one is winning here. They, and us, are all losing. Unfortunately for Mitt, his relaxed face makes him look like he has extreme gas.

Back