• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House Science Comm. member calls science "Lies straight from the pits of hell"

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
House Science Comm. member calls science "Lies straight from the pits of hell"

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ies-straight-from-the-pit-of-hell.php?ref=fpb

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) tore into scientists as tools of the devil in a speech at the Liberty Baptist Church Sportsman’s Banquet last month.

“All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell,” Broun said. “And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

Between this guy and Todd Akin, the House Science Committee isn't doing so hot

“You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth,” he said. “I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says.”

Broun — a physician, with an M.D. and a B.S. in chemistry — is generally considered to be among the most conservative members of Congress, if not the most. He drew national attention in 2010 for saying he did not know if President Obama was an American citizen.

I'm sure this gives his patients confidence that he was properly interpreting and applying the medical literature.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ies-straight-from-the-pit-of-hell.php?ref=fpb

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) tore into scientists as tools of the devil in a speech at the Liberty Baptist Church Sportsman’s Banquet last month.

“All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell,” Broun said. “And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

Between this guy and Todd Akin, the House Science Committee isn't doing so hot

That truly is unbelievable. Most evangelical scientists and physicians I have met believe science (embryology, Big Bang Theory, molecular biology etc) are simply scientists attempting to explain what God created. Now, you can disagree with their belief in creation, but I have not met any who believe as Rep. Paul Broun. He is the reason why so many people view a belief in God/Jesus Christ as antagonistic to science, which is simply not the case.

Good post, sux.

Meh. The guy believes in Jesus. Let it go already.

That truly is unbelievable. Most evangelical scientists and physicians I have met believe science (embryology, Big Bang Theory, molecular biology etc) are simply scientists attempting to explain what God created. Now, you can disagree with their belief in creation, but I have not met any who believe as Rep. Paul Broun. He is the reason why so many people view a belief in God/Jesus Christ as antagonistic to science, which is simply not the case.

Religion is about the putative purpose of the universe, science is about how the universe works. Or as Galileo was said to have put it, science is about how the heavens move, not what moves the heavens.

I can't believe people like this are elected to Congress. Good gracious Americans are stupid.

I can't believe people like this are elected to Congress. Good gracious Americans are stupid.

I can't believe that anyone thinks the social climbers striving to become members of Congress possess any faculties qualifying them to run the lives of the rest of us. Giving this person, or Maxine Waters, or Newt Gingrich, or Nanny Nancy Pelosi the power to take huge portions of your paycheck, to decide what health care they will allow you to obtain, or to use your son or daughter to invade some God-forsaken desert dictatorship is insane. Good gracious Americans have become very stupid over the last 200 years.

I can't wait until this ignorance has died off

I suggest you not hold your breath. Unless of course you have a magic wand that has the ability to wipe out fundamentalists of all religions all over the earth.

+1

Does anyone else find the wall of deer heads behind him to be creepy?

I suggest you not hold your breath. Unless of course you have a magic wand that has the ability to wipe out fundamentalists of all religions all over the earth.

Well, we have come a long way with the hate towards skin color( not long enough) so hopefully reading can cure the ignorant.

storkist_logic.jpg

Back