• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Put the White Back in the White House

I don't think that happened last time. We saw a hard core of racists during the last campaign and since.

Granted. There are racists on both sides of the aisle. [Thinks to self: We're still debating this truism?"] How does confirming once again this very well document fact improve anything? For example, what is the point of the OP?

Why don't we move on to more constructive topics like how to actually improve things? I'm still waiting for any evidence that either party actually cares about making things better. Debating whether your unacknowledged soft bigotry is less irksome than someone else's hard bigotry doesn't do anything besides make you feel superior. Which, as is often the case, appears to be the end of your interest in a topic. Results? You're too busy congratulting yourself. Meanwhile, the problems keep getting worse.

Not to mention cultural factors. In 1965, there was about 8 black single parent homes for every white single parent home. White single parent homes have also skyrocketed, so it isn't suprising that Black homes have too. Also, the numbers started going up before the great society programs were enacted.

its pointless. This is jhmd's religion. In his view, everything in the black community was fine until white liberals came in. Read back a few pages, they were "in tact" as he puts it. But the food stamps and medicaid were so enticing, so tempting, so down right awesome that their little black minds couldn't resist it. To jhmd, black people are too stupid to see the rouse. They had it all back then, they were "in tact" and going strong and headed out of the ghetto, and the liberals came in in their quest for power used the hapless blacks as their pawns to hold power and assuage their 'white guilt' at the same time. Now, a black man has risen to the highest level of power in the Dem party, in the world for that matter, and he too is in on the gig.

its pointless. This is jhmd's religion. In his view, everything in the black community was fine until white liberals came in. Read back a few pages, they were "in tact" as he puts it. But the food stamps and medicaid were so enticing, so tempting, so down right awesome that their little black minds couldn't resist it. To jhmd, black people are too stupid to see the rouse. They had it all back then, they were "in tact" and going strong and headed out of the ghetto, and the liberals came in in their quest for power used the hapless blacks as their pawns to hold power and assuage their 'white guilt' at the same time. Now, a black man has risen to the highest level of power in the Dem party, in the world for that matter, and he too is in on the gig.

Again, it must be so nice to content yourself with being superior to others who ask question you'd rather not have asked. So much better to make garbage posts like yours than focus on what's not working. Why do that?

P.S. By all means, prove me wrong. Show me the sincere attempts to prevent cyclical dependence I'm obviously missing. This should be so easy for you guys, since you obviously care so much more than everybody else. It should take you two seconds to debunk a misconception that provokes such hatred and vitriole and judgment. I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Granted. There are racists on both sides of the aisle. [Thinks to self: We're still debating this truism?"] How does confirming once again this very well document fact improve anything? For example, what is the point of the OP?

Why don't we move on to more constructive topics like how to actually improve things? I'm still waiting for any evidence that either party actually cares about making things better. Debating whether your unacknowledged soft bigotry is less irksome than someone else's hard bigotry doesn't do anything besides make you feel superior. Which, as is often the case, appears to be the end of your interest in a topic. Results? You're too busy congratulting yourself. Meanwhile, the problems keep getting worse.

At least one party is trying to do something to solve the problems (rightly or wrongly) rather than dismissing the problem all together.

At least one party is trying to do something to solve the problems (rightly or wrongly) rather than dismissing the problem all together.

Okay...what? I see the dependence AS the problem. Surely poverty is an existing problem, to which there are several solutions. One is subsistence programs, and I think the evidence shows they lead from one problem (poverty) into another (subjugation). To me, it's the difference between morphine and an antibiotic.

I'll be the first to say that the Republicans have forfeited. No argument from me on that; you'll get an argument WITH me on your side that everybody needs to do more. One way to help is to show a bridge out of poverty, which is re-storing a culture of opportunity and accountability. I think conservatives need to do their part to ensure more opportunity, but Dems needs to do more on the issue of accountability. Agree or disagree?

Reactions: ONW
Okay...what? I see the dependence AS the problem. Surely poverty is an existing problem, to which there are several solutions. One is subsistence programs, and I think the evidence shows they lead from one problem (poverty) into another (subjugation). To me, it's the difference between morphine and an antibiotic.

I'll be the first to say that the Republicans have forfeited. No argument from me on that; you'll get an argument WITH me on your side that everybody needs to do more. One way to help is to show a bridge out of poverty, which is re-storing a culture of opportunity and accountability. I think conservatives need to do their part to ensure more opportunity, but Dems needs to do more on the issue of accountability. Agree or disagree?

I do agree, and I think both parties have used the "which came first, the chicken or the egg" argument to dismiss that a combination of both opportunity and accountability is a possiblity.

Sorry. I thought you were trying to counter a point jhmd made.

I do agree, and I think both parties have used the "which came first, the chicken or the egg" argument to dismiss that a combination of both opportunity and accountability is a possiblity.

If you're talking about moving people out of poverty/subsistence into the middle class, it's not a complicated formula. You need a good education, a safe community, basic personal discipline and opportunity. A strong nuclear family is a resource multiplier, since you've got role models to guide you. How many of those conditions are present in economically disadvantaged communities? If the answer is "not nearly enough", how do we change our government's policies to cultivate the conditions for internal growth?

Let's hear some ideas.

The voucher/private school idea will be great for all the low income families.

Who gives a flip? Blacks vote for blacks, whites vote for whites. Is this a revelation?

no shit. People act like this is big shit. Guess what, Obama's experience in America is closer to theirs than Mitt Romney's or John McCain's - so Obama might just have their best interests in mind. Totally legit reason to support a candidate. Texan ranchers and oil men like W and that other dumbass Gov that ran this year (can't remember his name) - what's the big surprise

goddamn, you Wake boys don't know jack shit outside your lily-white worlds. good gracious

no shit. People act like this is big shit. Guess what, Obama's experience in America is closer to theirs than Mitt Romney's or John McCain's - so Obama might just have their best interests in mind. Totally legit reason to support a candidate. Texan ranchers and oil men like W and that other dumbass Gov that ran this year (can't remember his name) - what's the big surprise

goddamn, you Wake boys don't know jack shit outside your lily-white worlds. good gracious

Thanks for clearing things up for us.

You're kidding, right? Obama's formative years were spent going to private schools on Pacific islands living with a white mother that had a PhD, then going to an LA private school and hanging out with Pakistanis, going to a private school in Manhattan and hanging out with the same Pakistanis, then going to Harvard. There might be some Wake kids that aren't too far off that.

Truly the typical urban minority experience.

the black helicopters are flying over Swofford's place again......

You're kidding, right? Obama's formative years were spent going to private schools on Pacific islands living with a white mother that had a PhD, then going to an LA private school and hanging out with Pakistanis, going to a private school in Manhattan and hanging out with the same Pakistanis, then going to Harvard. There might be some Wake kids that aren't too far off that.

Truly the typical urban minority experience.

Condescension and obvious logical flaws aside (you know, the whole growing up bi-racial in less than friendly places-thing), there's a valid point in here...

Back