• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vanity Fair: Inside Osama Bin Laden's Final Hours

Totally agree. I can't imagine what those guys have access to.

barbiepowerwheels.jpg

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell is another great book if you are interested in SEALs.

Bleh...great story, but Luttrell comes off as ridiculously pompous IMHO. I struggled getting past his tone and enjoying the story.

Several things to take away from that but the one thought that kept reoccurring to me, and I openly admit my familial bias towards the Navy, is that Navy Seals are just simply bad-fucking-asses. If your ass doesn't pucker imagining yourself in that situation, you don't get it. And those guys do this shit for a living. They're a level of teamwork, trust, reliability, and honor that really puts those terms into perspective. I've been privileged to know some Seals and have never for a millisecond found them lacking ice-cold confidence and dedication, especially to each other.

Great read.

This. These guys operate in another stratosphere...having worked with some SOF guys in A-stan, I'm glad they're on our team.

Back