• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Ummm... Pretty sure this is raciost.

i'm sure the poster of that drivel is unaware that the law-abiding majority of the poor blacks s/he is profiling engage in regular "take back the streets" marches, protests against gun violence, and demands that police and civic authorities improve their neighborhoods and reduce the violence plaguing them. Because that would, you know, require knowledge of some culture other than white-bread suburbia.

i'm sure the poster of that drivel is unaware that the law-abiding majority of the poor blacks s/he is profiling engage in regular "take back the streets" marches, protests against gun violence, and demands that police and civic authorities improve their neighborhoods and reduce the violence plaguing them. Because that would, you know, require knowledge of some culture other than white-bread suburbia.

One of the responses:

People at work are talking about it like it is the most unfair thing that has ever happened to the BLACK community. I'm going to be real...real controversial that is. No subculture astounds out like the poor black subculture. This country is the biggest melting pot in the world and somehow the black subculture stands out over everyone; people who can barely speak English assimilate better. They want us to treat them with respect or not look them with eyebrows raised. Well how an we do that when 9/10 times there's a murder, shooting, robbery, or mugging there's a picture of a black man on the tv??? OR what about wearing your pants down to your ankles and looking like you want to fight someone all of the time? Pull your pants up, work towards a better life for you and your family and stop the violence! Stop giving people a reason to profile. Stop making your race look bad by your actions! Wait, I'm white so I don't understand? Bullshit. We all understand why this is an issue

Damn, BSD, you’re really eroding my faith in people here.

(Though I'm giggling at "no subculture astounds out")

I gave an e-hug to my friends the night of the verdict. I don't deal with crap like this on my feed. Even my more conservative friends aren't dicks about it.

Last edited:
For some context, I'm from a very wealthy and very white suburb of Indianapolis (Carmel). When I was in HS, my sophomore year, we had 14 black kids... Out of 3,000. Those numbers grew as the school figured out hows to more-or-less recruit Div 1A athletes into the school by my senior year. I'm not sure what my point is, other than to say these people have basically no life experience outside of their bubble. There are some pretty disgusting humans that were created out of that privilege.

eta: damn if I didn't say "these people"

The OP has chimed in:

"It's called take responsibility for your own life, something they don't do and instead blame others."

1004004_10101348366255101_784660833_n.jpg

Did he know who robbed him?

No. He knows where the credit cards that were stolen were used and is jumping to conclusions from that.

The genius that robbed the house used the credit card to pay their cell phone bill, so it is only a matter of time until they are caught, I'd imagine. I'm hoping that it turns out that it is white dude.

No. He knows where the credit cards that were stolen were used and is jumping to conclusions from that.

The genius that robbed the house used the credit card to pay their cell phone bill, so it is only a matter of time until they are caught, I'd imagine. I'm hoping that it turns out that it is white dude.

Sounds like a pretty sophisticated crook. The Patriots should look into this guy.

sometimes i hate the internet.

so much information so easily dispersed, but our short attention spans only allow penetration of 1/8th of the pertinent information - just enough to spout off. I have seen more posts about the woman in Florida firing the warning shot... READ THE WHOLE STORY, PEOPLE.

http://m.charlestoncitypaper.com/ch...rison&day=16&id=TheBattery&month=07&year=2013

This should shut down that argument. You all need to ditch some friends.

Eh it sort of does. The reason there was "inaction" by Florida officials was because the police believed that it was an appropriate use of self-defense and Zimmerman was there/waited for the cops to come. They weren't going to bring murder charges at all (and as it turns out maybe they should have brought lesser charges) until the public outcry.

So I guess this can cut both ways for sure.

Eh it sort of does. The reason there was "inaction" by Florida officials was because the police believed that it was an appropriate use of self-defense and Zimmerman was there/waited for the cops to come. They weren't going to bring murder charges at all (and as it turns out maybe they should have brought lesser charges) until the public outcry.

So I guess this can cut both ways for sure.

Meaning the stories are in no way similar so it is dumb to expect them to be treated the same by the media.

Back