• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

True. But this could be Jordan's Training Day.

Not sure what you mean by that ph.

Training Day was a 2001 film starring Ethan Hawke and Denzel Washington. Denzel Washington was an established actor with a "good guy" rep. In Training Day, he portrayed a dirty cop and was the villain of the film. He won the Best Actor Oscar.

It's the most notable example of an established good guy actor doing a villain role and getting acclaim for it.

Yeah. I get it. But I can't think of an example that works as well as Training Day.

After Civil War, we were saying that it was doing to be so long until we see Spider-Man and Black Panther. Now Spider-Man is next month and we've got the Black Panther teaser trailer.

Apparently Michael B Jordan played as a bully in an episode of the Sopranos in a flashback seen to Tony's childhood. So really he's just getting back to his roots.

Training Day was a 2001 film starring Ethan Hawke and Denzel Washington. Denzel Washington was an established actor with a "good guy" rep. In Training Day, he portrayed a dirty cop and was the villain of the film. He won the Best Actor Oscar.

It's the most notable example of an established good guy actor doing a villain role and getting acclaim for it.

I know the movie just wasn't sure what your angle was. The second post makes sense.

That would be the best Marvel example.

David Tennant was also Barty Crouch Jr in Goblet of Fire although for most of the movie, he's shape shifted as someone else.

I'm very excited about Black Panther.

That may have been one of the best trailers I've seen. Love the use of RTJ as the background music.

Yeah. I get it. But I can't think of an example that works as well as Training Day.

After Civil War, we were saying that it was doing to be so long until we see Spider-Man and Black Panther. Now Spider-Man is next month and we've got the Black Panther teaser trailer.

Robin Williams in Insomnia.

Speaking of Harry Potter... I'm sure this outs me as being way behind, but I didn't realize Julian on the Flash was Draco Malfoy until I was putzing around on IMDB recently.

BP teaser was a winner. I was hoping to see Klaw's sonic arm but first trailer is certainly too early. I can't wait to see the alt-right's reaction when they come to know that a country in Africa is being depicted as significantly more advanced and wealthier than the US. Actually I can wait, I've seen it a dozen times already.

Timmy D wasn't just named dropped in the latest Spidey tv ad, icymi:

I don't think I gave my 2 cents on Wonder Woman yet. It was a big winner. What's odd about her is, for such a big name, she has very little iconic moments and stories in comics. Most of what I've ever read was from Justice League, rather than her own books. That seems to really free up the movie, no need to shoehorn in Doomsday, that sort of thing. Ares wasn't all that in the movie, a character that was hindered for me by concurrently watching Thewlis play a much more compelling villain in Fargo now. Personally, I think I would have enjoyed the movie more if it had stayed totally in Themyscira and ended with her heading off into "man's world."

iZombie - still awesome and still my favorite of the weekly comic shows.

Freeform (née ABC Family) has another superhero show, this one a reboot of a British series - Misfits http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/misfits-reboot-ordered-pilot-at-freeform-1010860 . The UK show is actually pretty good and worth checking out, at least the first season is, which is all I've seen. You can find it on Youtube. I still can't get over my skepticism that anything on ABC Family is going to suck though.

E3 is this weekend. Should get some updates about the PS4 Spider-Man game, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, and the Avengers game that was teased a few months ago.

There are some MvCI leaks that suggest the game will truly be infinite. About 28 characters at launch with themed DLCs like Fantastic Four and X-Men coming every three months.

Anybody playing the DC fighting game Injustice 2 or the Injustice 2 mobile game?

Back