• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Disney stock has been on a nice tear recently. I wonder how much is being fueled by the Marvel and Star Wars franchises.

The market realizes that "content is king" when it comes to making money over the next x many years. That's why netflix is trying so hard to get it's own original programming. Disney is one of the biggest and best content creators out there.

Iron Man 3 was pretty good. RDJ is perfect for that role. Definitely liked the psychological side of Tony in this flick

Watching the end credits now. Very good film. Good balance of action and humor. A lot of fun. Glad I went in with no spoilers.

I'll add a no spoilers tag when I get to a computer and we'll allow spoilers tomorrow.

I still don't understand why I like Paltrow as Pepper Potts so much more than in anything else but she looked real good.

Just got out. I liked it but it felt a little hollow to me. I'll say more when I can use spoilers.

Just got out. I liked it but it felt a little hollow to me. I'll say more when I can use spoilers.

I can see that. But it needed a different tone going into the next phase of films. Thor 2 and Cap 2 will be much more serious.

No spoilers until Saturday night just to give everybody a decent chance to watch it.

Y'all should start a separate thread to discuss the movie. That way you don't have to worry about spoilers on a thread that covers a lot of future movies. Just a suggestion.

Y'all should start a separate thread to discuss the movie. That way you don't have to worry about spoilers on a thread that covers a lot of future movies. Just a suggestion.

2nd this idea. I'm prob going Sunday after church, I already got spoiled on the scene after the credits womp womp

Cool. Only problem is you'll still get spoiled on Tapatalk so be careful.

Longest end credits I've ever seen by the way. People were laughing at how long one group was. A ton of people made this film.

Last edited:
Cool. Only problem is you'll still get spoiled on Tapatalk so be careful.

Longest end credits I've ever seen by the way. People were laughing at how long one group was. A ton of people made this film.
ya no joke I think when they hit the digital animation staff I told my friend tl;dr

Took my niece and nephew to see it. I really enjoyed the movie and Downey did a fantastic job as Stark. The first Iron Man movie is still the best.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/box-office-iron-man-3-rockets-to-massive-175-3-million-opening

$175.3M weekend. 2nd biggest opening behind The Avengers. $680M worldwide.

---------
"Iron Man 3" had the second-biggest domestic debut ever, behind the $207.4 million start over the same weekend last year for "The Avengers," which teamed Downey's Stark with other Marvel Comics heroes. The new sequel surpassed the $169.2 million opening for 2011's "Harry Potter" finale, the previous second-place debut.

In just nine days, the film shot past the $312 million international total for "Iron Man 2" in its entire theatrical run.

Among the overseas totals so far: $63.5 million in China, $42.6 million in South Korea, $38.3 million in Great Britain and $35.8 million in Mexico.

Domestically, "Iron Man 3" far outpaced the franchise's first two movies. "Iron Man" launched the series with a $98.6 million domestic debut in 2008, while 2010's "Iron Man 2" opened with $128.1 million.

The film also opened higher than last year's Batman finale "The Dark Knight Rises" ($160.9 million) and the biggest of the Spider-Man movies ($151.1 million for "Spider-Man 3").
------------------

I'd like to keep this as a non-spoiler thread for the week, but here's a question that doesn't require spoilers.

If Downey, Jr. ends his run as Tony Stark with The Avengers 2, who could take his place in Iron Man 4 and the "Phase 3" Marvel Studios movies?

It's not just that Downey, Jr. has done an incredible job as Stark in 4 movies. He's been the only legit choice for a long time. I remember reading dream casting threads on Usenet forums in the 90s in which people were getting nerd boners over Downey, Jr. playing Stark back when the idea of a Iron Man movie was comical. It was the most common dream casting next to Patrick Stewart as Professor X.

Who else could do it?

Took my niece and nephew to see it. I really enjoyed the movie and Downey did a fantastic job as Stark. The first Iron Man movie is still the best.

Took my kids over the weekend. It was good until about halfway through. It went downhill from there.

Last edited:
See that's what we call a spoiler. That belongs in the other thread.

Who else could do it?

I doubt there's a more natural fit. Real life RDJ had parallels with Tony Stark, such as substance abuse demons and possessing a rare gift for their trade.

Long-term, most any talented enough actor can grow a mustache/goatee, dye his hair black if needed and adequately play the role, as long as he has "good enough" fitness. Stark doesn't require a superhero physique like Thor or Captain America. I can't think of anyone that fits it as naturally though.

For other characters, THE most perfect fit would be Sam Jackson for Nick Fury, since Marvel created their Ultimate Universe version of Fury based 100% on Jackson, years before he was used in a Marvel movie.

Back