• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

It seems like Cage might be on Agents of SHEILD from the trailers. Any confirmation of who that might be? He would be a good hero to use for a TV series, IMO.

The first TV ideas were Luke Cage/Iron Fist and a Spiderwoman series along with The Incredible Hulk. Not sure if they're still possible depending on how SHIELD does.

I think they want him to be Thanos.

Other possibilities mentioned were Luke Cage, Black Panther (terrible, wrong build), Vision (terrible fit), Namor (not a good fit), Wonder Man (seems like a waste), Voice of Groot (lame), Moon Knight, Ares, the Wrecker (not a bad choice), Absorbing Man (decent fit), Ultron (beyond terrible) and unspecified Inhuman character.

I saw one article suggesting that Marvel might pair Vin as Luke Cage and Paul Walker as Iron Fist.

Agreed on Thanos. Who should do the voice? Not all that familiar with him so I don't know if he's a James Earl Jones or Keith David type big powerful voice.

I think they want him to be Thanos.

Other possibilities mentioned were Luke Cage, Black Panther (terrible, wrong build), Vision (terrible fit), Namor (not a good fit), Wonder Man (seems like a waste), Voice of Groot (lame), Moon Knight, Ares, the Wrecker (not a bad choice), Absorbing Man (decent fit), Ultron (beyond terrible) and unspecified Inhuman character.

I saw one article suggesting that Marvel might pair Vin as Luke Cage and Paul Walker as Iron Fist.

Just every bit of that is awful. Not a fan...though I'd love love love to see Namor show up in a movie. He's such a fun character.

I wonder if Namor is tied to Fox (via FF).

Thanos really needs to be CGI, he's basically Hulk sized.

As for Diesel, I dunno. I'm sure Marvel is very open to changing any second stringer's race. If he's Black Panther that would be awful not just because of build, but T'Challa's character isn't one I've seen Diesel able to pull off. Basically I think he could only do Luke Cage.

Sweet Christmas!

attachment.php

It seems like Cage might be on Agents of SHEILD from the trailers. Any confirmation of who that might be? He would be a good hero to use for a TV series, IMO.

IGN: And I’ve got to ask about J. August Richards…

Bell: Killed it! He’s so good. He’s so good, because we were looking for this character M-- I almost said his name. It’s not the one people are talking about.

IGN: He’s not! So I’m going to say Luke Cage, and you’re going to say...

Bell: I’m going to say that’s an interesting Marvel character, but no. But he came in and killed it. Honestly, we were looking for this part, and we just said, look, all our parts are open to all diversity. So the fact that we have a black dude who is awesome and it's J, was just because he was the best actor. It wasn’t like, “You know who…!”

IGN: Should we assume it’s someone familiar if you read Marvel comics?

Bell: You know, not necessarily. I mean, we’re going to draw from it, but Marvel has its thing, and we’re also going to be expanding forward, and this world is different since The Avengers. So I think there will be people showing up, some from the Marvel Universe and some not. But to commit to anything more would be telling.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=79636#OYvVegcCLhTXyYqJ.99

The "M" is for Moon Knight, that's my prediction.

"I’m not going to say who he’s playing, but he’s certainly cranky as you can tell from the trailer… It’s great, he came in to guest star and he tears it up. He’s got that kind of energy, he’s so much fun, and such a lovely guy. — Joss Whedon, when asked who J. August Richards will be playing in Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD."

http://www.themarysue.com/joss-whedon-rage/

Doesn't fit with the "M" hint, but lots of speculation that the character is Rage. Rage is shown in the Marvel bumper for the show's trailer.

https://twitter.com/radtke327/status/333784830787612672

Last edited:
I get the feeling that it's a new character for the show...I'm racking my brain and I just can't think of anyone who would fit the bill with all we know.

It did, however, make me think of how awesome it would be to see Cloak and Dagger show up....which is a completely random thought that has nothing to do with this, but in the list of characters I'd like to see, they're up there.

I know nothing about Cloak and Dagger. I do remember seeing rumors about a TV development deal featuring them.

I know nothing about Cloak and Dagger. I do remember seeing rumors about a TV development deal featuring them.

They don't get a lot of use, but I've always been really entertained by the characters. Great second tier characters that would fit this universe.

cloak-and-dagger1.jpg

I get the feeling it's mostly going to be lower tier characters and original characters. Just hope it's not a "freak of the week" format. That gets tired. Sometimes it works and people stick with it but that's a risk.

Probably will be for a while until the characters that will be present week to week are introduced and their development begins.

I expect the format to be a freak of the week where they investigate different super powered people. Some will turn out to be heroes and will be some villains, but there will also be overarching story lines dealing with Hydra, A.I.M., the Hand, and aliens (Skrulls, Kree, Sh'iar).

Basically, I'm expecting something similar to the X-Files set in the Marvel Universe.

I'd be surprised if they used the show to introduce the Skrulls, Kree, Sh'iar, and such. I guess there could be some teasers like finding a shape shifter, but anything major would likely be on the big screen.

Back