• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I expect the format to be a freak of the week where they investigate different super powered people. Some will turn out to be heroes and will be some villains, but there will also be overarching story lines dealing with Hydra, A.I.M., the Hand, and aliens (Skrulls, Kree, Sh'iar).

Basically, I'm expecting something similar to the X-Files set in the Marvel Universe.

This is my expectation as well.

Just saw the "ph prefers superman 3" tag. Interesting fact I learned recently. Richard Pryor's character was supposed to be the human form for Brainiac, but they changed it to just play him as complete comic relief. Pryor was so hot back then, I guess they just found any way possible to use him.

I expect the format to be a freak of the week where they investigate different super powered people. Some will turn out to be heroes and will be some villains, but there will also be overarching story lines dealing with Hydra, A.I.M., the Hand, and aliens (Skrulls, Kree, Sh'iar).

Basically, I'm expecting something similar to the X-Files set in the Marvel Universe.

I don't know how involved Joss Whedon actually is with this show, but you basically just described Buffy.

I doubt if Agents of SHIELD will introduce too many big things, but will elaborate on lots of stuff. A lot of what I mentioned has already been introduced. AIM was introduced in Iron Man 3, Hydra in the first Captain America movie, and aliens in the Avengers/Thor movies. Roxxon Oil and other important pieces of the Marvel Universe have also been seen in the background of the movies.

Looking at that first SHIELD trailer, you can see that unknown black hero has some sort of technological implant in his arm as he pulls his sleeve down. That rules out both Rage and Luke Cage. The M could stand for Michael Collins or Luther Manning who were both versions of Deathlok. Deathlok was a cyborg that had super strength and speed among other powers. He also was an agent of SHIELD in the comics for a time. The Michael Collins Deathlok could make himself look completely human as well.

Deathlok would actually be a good underused character to use. Deathlok is known to most Marvel readers but wouldn't be the first character to jump to mind. There have been two movies with him that had scripts written but were never made. The first was twenty years ago and the last was 2007.

It also allows Marvel to get their black cyborg character in the public eye and undercut DC before DC rolls out Cyborg in the Justice League movie.

Last edited:
I also assume that they will explain that Loki killed a life model decoy of Agent Colson in the Avengers movie not the real Colson. That's a pretty standard cheat S.H.I.E.L.D. uses in the comics.

Good call and good info. That would be a shrewd move to pull out a lower tier character to undercut the big push DC is giving Cyborg.

Yes. Fox has rights to mutants in the Marvel Universe.

Do we know who the villain in Avengers 2 will be if it's not Thanos.

Latino Review has inside scoop on the beginning of the Doctor Strange script.

Here is Part 1 of the Doctor Strange plot (spoilers):

[video=vimeo;69057281]http://vimeo.com/69057281[/video]

That's pretty cool.

Samuel Jackson wants to guest star in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well.

"what about Samuel L. Jackson? Will he at least cameo as Nick Fury? "Oh!" he said when we asked him this earlier this week, at a gala hosted by the American Institute for Stuttering. "If I was going to do S.H.I.E.L.D., I'd like to be — you know Charlie's voice on Charlie's Angels? That would be perfect. Because everybody recognizes my voice. That would be good enough for me. And I told Joss that." What did he say? "I don't know. He can't hire me, I guess. Disney, Marvel, we'll see what they think ... It would legitimize the show in another way."

http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/sam-jackson-would-like-to-guest-on-shield.html

According to J. August Richards, his character on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has the power of flight.

"And I always wanted to fly. I'm surprised I'm not one of those kids that jumped off the roof and hurt himself. But you know, I got to fly [on this show]. As an actor and as a person this is monumental for me."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a...f-shield-role-i-got-to-fly.html#ixzz2Y3KskYGP

Just FYI, Deathlok has the power of flight as well.

------------------------
So here's what we know about his character so far from trailers and interviews.

1. He has some sort of technology on his arm.
2. He can fly.
3. He has super speed.
4. He has superhuman durability.
5. His name or code name starts with an M.
6. He's male.
7. He's black but due to colorblind casting his character in the comics may or may not be.
8. He can at least appear to be fully human unlike the Thing for example.
9. He most likely has super strength.
10. S.H.I.E.L.D. did not give him his superpowers.

Last edited:
finally saw MOS. I think it's RT average is too low. I thought they did a pretty good job with superman's feelings of isolation as an alien on earth. I know people complain about the excessiveness of the last 45 minutes, but my guess is Snyder intended to show why SM finally had to kill Zod.

finally saw MOS. I think it's RT average is too low. I thought they did a pretty good job with superman's feelings of isolation as an alien on earth. I know people complain about the excessiveness of the last 45 minutes, but my guess is Snyder intended to show why SM finally had to kill Zod.

I saw it on Wednesday evening (took my 5 year old daughter who loves the Christopher Reeve movies). We both liked it. Walking out, I asked her what her favorite part was and she didn't want to tell me. I finally got her to fess up, and she sheepishly said "when they kissed!" Girls...

Back