• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

So does this effectively rule out IM4?

And also, is this really that big of a deal? We knew Avengers 3/4 were coming.

Yeah. Huge news. First of all, that wasn't confirmed. It wasn't confirmed that it would be featuring Thanos. There was some buzz that Thanos would be saved for a Phase 5. The real news is that Marvel announced Black Panther and Captain Marvel solo movies and the actor playing Black Panther. Interestingly, Boseman's latest film went up against Guardians of the Galaxy and got crushed. This is fair retribution.

Ok, I can see the excitement about those two movies.

And also the Civil War reveal. That makes more sense now.

The other thing I think this confirms is that Marvel is preparing for a world without Captain America and Thor. Civil War and Ragnarock both end with the death of those two characters. Feige and Marvel seem poised to make the Avengers a very fluid thing that is constantly changing based on the the events of these movies. Each solo film will have consequences in the greater MCU.

I'm so confused, they say it's definitely Civil War, but why does this presentation shot show Serpent Society?

QzWrdXC.jpg

Read the live-blog link I posted above.

They announced each title, then announced Avengers 3, then played a clip of Stark and Rogers arguing and announced the Cap 3 title was actually Civil War. They faked out the media.

I know I should read the articles myself, but I'm assuming this is chick Capt. Marvel (Carol Danvers) and not Kree Mar-Vell. I'm fine with that but I'll miss him vs Thanos, their battles were some of my favorite comics as a kid.

ETA- yes indeed, Capt. Marvel will be Danvers.

Last edited:
I know I should read the articles myself, but I'm assuming this is chick Capt. Marvel (Carol Danvers) and not Kree Mar-Vell. I'm fine with that but I'll miss him vs Thanos, their battles were some of my favorite comics as a kid.

Probably, but I would assume Mar-Vell will be in the movie. Perhaps not with that name, though.

Yeah, it's Carol Danvers.

Probably, but I would assume Mar-Vell will be in the movie. Perhaps not with that name, though.

That character is dead and not just Marvel comics dead, but actually dead for several decades and he's off their radar now. I doubt he'll show up in any form.

I haven't commented on the other stuff but man oh man everything's coming up Marvel these days. Hard to believe they were so cash starved just 10-15 years ago.

Damn. Goes to show what I know. He was in several episodes of the Avengers animated series a few years ago.

The other thing I think this confirms is that Marvel is preparing for a world without Captain America and Thor. Civil War and Ragnarock both end with the death of those two characters. Feige and Marvel seem poised to make the Avengers a very fluid thing that is constantly changing based on the the events of these movies. Each solo film will have consequences in the greater MCU.

Few things in this world fill me with as skepticism as a Marvel death. I'm not doubting those movies may end with those characters dying, but both those characters got better after CW and Ragnarok in the comics. Movies do offer a different challenge though with respect to the actors involved. They get older or perhaps they simply don't want to continue. I always assumed they would simply replace the actors but killing them off could be a viable tactic too. I guess we'll see in oh, about the year 2020 if they bring the dead back to life or not.

Spoiler alert?

A Captain America: Serpent Society movie would have been really cool. Too bad they can't squeeze that one in before Evans contract runs out.

Spoiler alert?

I'm speculating based on the comics. Nobody knows how Marvel plans to translate those arcs to film. But Hemsworth and Evans aren't going to do this forever. I specifically think the Bucky Barnes becomes Captain America angle is possible. No idea what they do with Thor...could always get Beta Ray Bill.

Back