• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Looks like the Daredevil rights are going back to Marvel. The Blade rights already did.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119075-Daredevil-Film-Rights-Returning-to-Marvel-Studios
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=68543

I've posted it before, but I'd love to see Marvel partner with HBO or Showtime to do a Kingpin crime drama.

Here is the NC-17 sizzle reel for the proposed Daredevil movie in the first link (nothing that is that bad though):

So I like the idea of doing Born Again, but I think you need the full re-boot treatment. Start with The Man Without Fear, then Born Again, and then finish it up with Last Rites. Everything comes full circle, just like TDK.

Wow. That is amazing.

The article is funny because the guy is trying to be all big and bad indy comics guy but most of the article is humping DC's leg for moving Clark Kent off The Daily Planet.

Im curious to know how Downey Jr's contract negotiations from the Avengers movie will effect these actors/Marvel in movies going forward.

I don't know what to say.

Wow.

I don't know how to react to this other than holy shit Lucas just made a fuck ton of money.

I don't know what to say.

Wow.

I know what to say: Thank God (or the Force) that someone other than Lucas will be writing the script for this Episode 7. I don't think I could stand another movie with dialogue and plotting as piss poor as Episodes 1-3.

Also,

I don't know how to react to this other than holy shit Lucas just made a fuck ton of money.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney develop a Stars Wars themed amusement park.

I would think they will just expand on what they already have at Hollywood Studios. I think if/when Disney expands their Marvel and Lucas properties at Disney World, they will rival IOA with Harry Potter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney develop a Stars Wars themed amusement park.

A Star Wars expansion to Hollywood Studios would be welcome. They already had an existing deal with Lucasfilm that allowed them to have Star Tours (and the newly renovated Star Tours 2) and the Indiana Jones stunt show. I'm not sure if the old deal would have let them do something similar to what Universal did with Harry Potter although that's not a question now.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a Star Wars themed park or major expansion. They're finishing up the Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom with a partial opening in December and the whole thing complete by 2014. Then they have a contract for an Avatar-themed expansion at Animal Kingdom. And they still have to figure out something to do with Marvel properties at the non-Florida parks.

If you haven't done so, check out Star Wars weekends at Hollywood Studios in May/June. It's a great event.

Variety reports that Fox may end up making a deal with Marvel Studios that will allow them to move forward with plans for their upcoming Daredevil reboot provided Fox gives up the rights to some characters in the Fantastic Four universe. As of now, the reboot is in a state of flux as the studio has a plan for the project, but is in danger of missing the October 10th deadline that would result in the rights to the superhero going back to Marvel. According to the trade, Fox is interested in having Joe Carnahan directing a "Frank Miller-esque, hardcore 70s thriller" version of Daredevil, though no deals have yet been made.

In order to extend the deadline and stop the blind hero from going back to the comic book company, Fox may have to give up some of the characters they acquired when they purchased the rights to the Fantastic Four. Sources close to the studios say that the key figures that Marvel is interested in are Galactus, the supervillain with a penchant for devouring worlds, and Silver Surfer. Both characters previously appeared on screen in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, but fans both rejected the movie and the way that Galactus was presented (which was basically a space cloud). Neither studio would comment on the talks, but it would seem that it is now Fox's move. They can either choose to abandon their plans for Daredevil, or give up key characters in the Fantastic Four franchise (which they are also currently planning on rebooting with Chronicle director Josh Trank). So here is the question I will pose to all of you: would you rather see Marvel Studios get back Daredevil or characters like Galactus and Silver Surfer?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Coul...tm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_28201

Back