• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Ranger, this link is about a week after your link and suggests that it's a done deal.

Looks like the Daredevil rights are going back to Marvel. The Blade rights already did.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119075-Daredevil-Film-Rights-Returning-to-Marvel-Studios
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=68543

I've posted it before, but I'd love to see Marvel partner with HBO or Showtime to do a Kingpin crime drama.

Here is the NC-17 sizzle reel for the proposed Daredevil movie in the first link (nothing that is that bad though):

Star Wars 7, 8, 9 were, canonically speaking, the Timothy Zahn trilogy of books. I'm going to highly doubt Disney will make those the basis for the movies, it's not exactly Disney-ish. Still, I actually have a little more faith in Disney than Lucas for stewardship of the franchise. If the worst they do is add in cloying, useless characters created with toy sales in mind, well I've gotten used to that.

Pixar wasn't Disney-ish and only is now because Disney moved their bar. Marvel isn't Disney-ish. We'll see if Disney changes Lucasfilm much.

By the way, the deal also includes Industrial Light & Magic and other companies related to Lucasfilm.

In regards to Disney developing a Star Wars or Marvel park...

A couple of years ago my wife and I took a tour down there that was given by the head of Customer Service at the Magic Kingdom. He addressed the issue of adding an entirely new park. Currently, Disney employes over 60,000 employees (or cast members as they term it). They have very strict dress code/looks criteria, including no facial hair, no hair below the ears, no visible tattoos. These criteria obviously cuts out a large number of people that could work for Disney.

Having said that, he explained the reason Disney hasn't already built a new park, and won't be in the near future, is that as an employer of 60,000 people, it has basically tapped out the employment market in its area. They can't physically come up with the number of workers that it would take to man an entirely new park in the Orlando area. There just aren't that many left that fit the Disney standard.

That's interesting. I'm not sure how much credence to give that explanation considering that they have expanded their hotel properties over the last few years including the Art of Animation resort that opened this year. They have the current park expansions mentioned above as well.

Also, they're Disney. They could put out a call for 10,000 workers who fit that criteria tomorrow and have 100,000 applications by the end of the week. Orlando and the surrounding area definitely could support them. And that doesn't even get to the fact that they have a lot of international employees, so they could expand that program.

ZOMG...Star Wars 7...Disney...NERDGASM

Unemployment is at 8%. Many Starwars neckbeards currently living in mom's basement. If you build it, dorks will come.

Plus dudes in Stormtrooper costumes don't need to shave.

I actually don't think I've ever watched a full Star Wars movie in one sitting

Unemployment is at 8%. Many Starwars neckbeards currently living in mom's basement. If you build it, dorks will come.

tumblr_m85h9tjrg71r1mwfg.gif

No joke. I'm looking forward to a Darth Vader, Dr. Doom, Ursula team up.

That would be a fun brawler video game. Rosters with Disney/Marvel/Star Wars would be insane. The Beast vs Beast vs Chewie? I'M IN.

Back