• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I changed the thread title. Spoilers from Daredevil Eps 1-4 are fair game.

Eps 1-6 Wed night
Eps 1-8 Fri night
Eps 1-10 Sun night
Full series next Tues night

Finished 1 and 2 last night and just finished 3 and 4. Impressive stuff. So many dad feels in the first two eps. I actually had terrible nightmares last night. They weren't about the kidnapping or hallway fight, but just a stressful nightmare. One where you wake up and feel like you . Haven't had one like that in awhile.

The introduction of Fisk was well done. D'Onofrio is very good. The brutality of the final scene of Ep 4 was amazing.

Sepinwall's write up about the first five eps talked about the level of risk Netflix took to order 5 shows, only one featuring a known character and that character is known for a movie that is a punchline (By the way, I've got a Valentine's Day Daredevil story to share at some point). No pilot. This 46-50 episode experiment has to be paying off. They've done a great job connecting this show and this part of the city into the broader MCU.

As you get further, Ph, I think there a few eps that come very close to the Kingpin exposition you've clamored for the past few years. One episode that centers on Fisk is especially well done and fascinating.

Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix (Episodes 1-4 Spoilers)

Yes. I'm very excited about that, Deadbolt. It also looks like the Suicide Squad film may be somewhat similar to the Legion of Doom movie I've wanted as well. It's an amazing time.

If the AOS spinoff and AOS debut in the Fall, that will be possibly 56 hour long episodes of MCU TV this year. Jessica Jones is set to premiere later this year.

As you get further, Ph, I think there a few eps that come very close to the Kingpin exposition you've clamored for the past few years. One episode that centers on Fisk is especially well done and fascinating.

Such a good episode. I like the continuity of that episode throughout the season.

what number episode is that?

i am excited. my wife has been called away for work some this week (insert joke here somewhere) which means i might be able to binge through more of it, unexpectedly, than i expected. i have also had more time over the weekend than i normally do.

too much info coming...

watched ep 1-2 friday. 3 was friday night after everyone went to bed. episode 4 was split up into three short windows. watched ep 5 on the tablet while my 2 year old napped on sunday. every time i tried to lay him down he woke up so i gave in and let him sleep on me while i found the headphones. with the change in her work duties this week she spent time after the kids went to bed prepping for the trip and i knocked out episodes 6 and 7 last night.

i am really enjoying it. there is really good chemistry among the various cast members. fisk has been really understated in a confident, menacing way. have not felt like there has been a bad casting choice yet.

since it's episode 7 i'll add the tag. stick was really perfect. can't imagine another actor in the roll.

The end of Ep 4 established Fisk as a show of force that was necessary to portray him as a major Marvel villain.

Ep 8 I believe was the Fisk centric one.

And yes, Stick really stole the show in 7. Loved the portrayal.

Bad news for those of us hoping for a "Planet Hulk", it's not happening any time soon.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Big-Reason-We-re-Getting-Solo-Hulk-Movie-Anytime-Soon-70863.html

I have to say, I'm starting to suffer a bit from Avengers hype fatigue. It feels like every day there's another scene released and/or the stars are collectively making an appearance that has its own hype. Like when RDJ had a special announcement on one of the morning shows (GMA I think) and that announcement was ALL of the Avengers would be making an appearance later on GMA. Unfortunately this is going to get worse before it gets better.

I agree. Perhaps that's why Daredevil was released in the lead up and we got the Ant-Man trailer. It helps cut through the hype.

Planet Hulk wouldn't necessarily need to be a solo film. Guardians of the Galaxy: Planet Hulk would work just fine.

agree about avengers marketing. i ignored the last hulk v hulk buster video until the comment about getting a new arm. i was pulled back in. i really want to live in a bubble for the next few weeks till i can see it and go in somewhat fresh. then again, "hi my name is deaconson and i am an addict."

It was watching that new Hulkbuster video that made me say "enough's enough" since it was a bit more spoilery than I wanted, giving away the reason they were fighting. I mean, that was the obvious guess to make but still knowing with certainty is a bummer to me.

It was watching that new Hulkbuster video that made me say "enough's enough" since it was a bit more spoilery than I wanted, giving away the reason they were fighting. I mean, that was the obvious guess to make but still knowing with certainty is a bummer to me.

Yea...they probably could have changed one word and made it a tad more ambiguous but alas..

Will rep later.

I was not expecting to see on a Women's Health cover "The butt! Want in?"

Man, watching the Flash after watching DD all weekend is a hard shift. I will be glad when the villain of the week format is dropped.

I was thinking about what order I should go in tonight too.

Man, watching the Flash after watching DD all weekend is a hard shift. I will be glad when the villain of the week format is dropped.

I was able to ease back in by hate watching Gotham last night. Flash is King Lear in comparison.

Back