• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

There are rumors that the new Guardians ride is the start of a Marvel Land. Apparently there is more construction in the area and this hatch nearby.

http://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-hatch-outside-guardians-mission-breakout/

I'm at Disney World now and I went to Animal Kingdom today. The line to get into the new Pandora land based on the movie Avatar was 2.5 hours long on Friday when it opened. Not a ride. Just to get into the area. The line for the Flight of Passage ride was four hours today. For a movie a lot of people saw once or twice 8 years ago. A security guard told me people were camping outside of Animal Kingdom at 1:30 am to get in on opening day. So yeah, I can imagine people waiting in line 7 hours for Guardians of the Galaxy. People will probably wait a week when Star Wars Land opens at Hollywood Studios.

(By the way, the Flight of Passage ride was really awesome. So was the boat ride and the overall land. If Disney can do all that for one movie from 8 years ago, they're going to kill it with Star Wars Land.)

Poor Desmond. Dude just can't catch a break.

Seeing Wonder Woman tonight. Trying to curb my expectations, but damn, this actually looks good

Needless to say, WB could really use some good news going into Justice League. Not sure when I'll see WW, but I'm looking forward to it.

So can we talk about the Arrow season finale yet?

Well, Wonder Woman confirms what was obvious in BvS: she's the best DC character and has the best non-Nolan film by far

Needless to say, WB could really use some good news going into Justice League. Not sure when I'll see WW, but I'm looking forward to it.

So can we talk about the Arrow season finale yet?

as long as your personal 14 hour moratorium on spoilers is up.

Well, Wonder Woman confirms what was obvious in BvS: she's the best DC character and has the best non-Nolan film by far

I would argue this is not true. I haven't seen BvS and she might have been the best character in that movie, but I'd say best DC character is Batman.

I really enjoyed WW. It's fun, light, the action is good, the plot is above average for DC. I honestly think it hits mid-Marvel tier. The casting is most good, especially Gal Godot. WW is a badass hero and the times when she mixes it up are really entertaining. Chris Pine is used extremely well. The movie is really long (mostly because of the origin-prologue) but it didn't feel like it; I didn't realize it was 2.5 hrs until after. And like most of these DC movies, it feels like they left a lot on the cutting room floor. I'd watch a director's cut.

Lots of speed ramping during the combat, not quite enough to be distracting but by the end it's like, OK we get it.

negatives: it's really corny a couple times, like out-of-tone level. kind of jarring. also, the plot is fine but kind of a mess. WW powers aren't super clear. The fight sequences in the beginning and middle are better then the climax, which is another comic book laser/power/lightning shoving match amongst debris. Also, the movie is bloodless, like not even nosebleeds (I think), which is really bizarre when you've got swords involved and lots of punching.

I didn't stick around to confirm whether or not there was a stinger since we went to the 10:05pm showing but internets says i didn't miss anything

*ill post these thoughts later, sorry tapa dorks

Last edited:
There is no post credit scene, fyi.

Just a reminder that we can see spoilers on tapatalk.

Lainey Gossip, who usually has pretty good takes on super hero movies, didn't have the best things to say about WW.

Lainey Gossip Write-up On WW

"The first half of Wonder Woman feels interchangeable with Thor, the second half with Captain America: The First Avenger, and the character herself often feels like a mash-up of those two. But you can’t get around the tired formula, with its undercooked villains, (bit of a spoiler here, but a rip at the CGI), and utter wasting of a potential arch-nemesis who could have been compelling, given proper development. There are moments of real wit and emotion that land despite the formula nonsense, but Wonder Woman is hamstrung by a palpable sense of the male creative team—10 of 12 producers and all of the writers are men—not wanting to offend a male audience with an opinionated or—gasp—BOSSY superheroine."

It's hard to imagine how they could screw the movie up more than if they fail to make WW a female icon.

Last edited:
True. I prefer the old Tapatalk pro.

Lainey Gossip, who usually has pretty good takes on super hero movies, didn't have the best things to say about WW.

Lainey Gossip Write-up On WW

The first half of Wonder Woman feels interchangeable with Thor, the second half with Captain America: The First Avenger, and the character herself often feels like a mash-up of those two. But you can’t get around the tired formula, with its undercooked villains, (bit of a spoiler here, but a rip at the CGI), and utter wasting of a potential arch-nemesis who could have been compelling, given proper development. There are moments of real wit and emotion that land despite the formula nonsense, but Wonder Woman is hamstrung by a palpable sense of the male creative team—10 of 12 producers and all of the writers are men—not wanting to offend a male audience with an opinionated or—gasp—BOSSY superheroine.

meh, not wrong but sort of i think that's a little overkill

My main complaint mirrored ITC's. It's a pretty cheesy movie in parts (the superjump SFX comes to mind), and WW is a little bit too earnest/naive in some scenes. It was hard to not roll my eyes a couple of times.

Still, real good movie, and about as good as the first Captain America, which is about as positive a comparison as we should have expected.

My main complaint mirrored ITC's. It's a pretty cheesy movie in parts (the superjump SFX comes to mind), and WW is a little bit too earnest/naive in some scenes. It was hard to not roll my eyes a couple of times.

Still, real good movie, and about as good as the first Captain America, which is about as positive a comparison as we should have expected.

yeah, the uber-earnest thing was another quibble but I just kind of wrote it off as in-character coming from the sheltered/secret island

yeah, the uber-earnest thing was another quibble but I just kind of wrote it off as in-character coming from the sheltered/secret island

yeah, but then it started to bleed into the movie as a whole, which was a little silly.

I think going into any more detail would be too spoilery, so I'll leave it there for now

Back