• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Disney can't use the marvel/Netflix properties for two years. I assume that is cancelation date. By then they may just reboot any they want to continue.

Can't use. Does that mean can't start development or can't release a show?

Not sure. At minimum I would think put a show on air. Writing is probably a grey area. Maybe filming is a no no??

I've heard more rumors that Hulu will be the landing spot for those shows. They're already airing Runaways in the MCU, so it could be a good fit.

American treasure Annette Bening is in Captain Marvel playing the Supreme Intelligence, a Kree leader.

Hi praise for Annette Benning. I try to take these things with a grain of salt, but early reviews of Capt'n Marvel are very good -- which is a good sign because the trailers have been meh.

^They could always reveal the Supreme Intelligence is really a giant green tentacled disembodied head as a twist if they decide to expose her as a villain.

Read a theory that she just took the form of Annette Benning as Carol Danvers' mother, a la Jodie Foster's dad in Contact.

That feels awfully close to the Starlord/Ego relationship but who knows? Actually we will in a couple of weeks.

Ryan Coogler gave several people a chance to win an Oscar. Impressive haul so far for Black Panther so far.

And Spiderverse won Best Animated Film.

Especially since they just keep trotting out Wolverine and Dark Phoenix over and over.

Yep. Heck, I still haven't bothered to see Olivia Munn as Psylocke yet.

Didn't realize there was a new Hellboy coming out. I thought Dark Phoenix was dead, too. I guess I was thinking about New Mutants. I'm guessing Disney will let them die on the vine and introduce the X-Men in the MCU in a few years. Maybe it will set up Avengers vs. X-Men as the 6th Avengers movie.

Back