• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I mean, there is a reason he's not around in the Flash Forwards.

Well there was a reason Felicity wasn't until the last two episodes.

I'm fine with Arrow ending. It's been a long run. Eight seasons is a long time.

Why are you surprised? That's the average runtime. It's the same runtime as Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Oh

I guess it’s cause I just saw Aquaman

dc not marvel

I’ll report later this evening

#nospoilers

Captain Marvel was fine. Nothing really exceptional. Probably ranks somewhere around Doctor Strange...origin flick that’s just kind of necessary for the bigger picture.

See it, but really only for the fact it sets the stage for future Marvel storylines, including Endgame.

Captain Marvel was fine. Nothing really exceptional. Probably ranks somewhere around Doctor Strange...origin flick that’s just kind of necessary for the bigger picture.

See it, but really only for the fact it sets the stage for future Marvel storylines, including Endgame.

You are underrating Dr Strange

Yeah, I remember thinking Dr. Strange was just ok from the theater, but the effects and general ambiance were great. Having rewatched it a couple times since, it's moved much higher on my list, I think it's pretty underrated. If Captain Marvel is in fact at the same level, I think that's awesome. Seeing it tomorrow night.

CBM: Captain Marvel premieres this weekend

I think Strange at least brought something to the table in the trippy visual effects. Captain Marvel is largely another space adventure, which we’ve done already with Guardians and even Thor, with a lead in Larson who is attempting to have the charisma of RDJ...but just doesn’t quite hit the mark.

It’s not a bad movie. I’ll even say it’s a good movie. But as Marvel movies go, it’s just a kind of a ho-hum flick necessary to introduce a character. I suspect I’ll like the character a lot more in Endgame. I think it says a lot that the most exciting thing that happened in the whole movie was the first after credits scene.

Last edited:
Maybe a better comparison would be Ant-Man and the Wasp. Pretty forgettable movie where the post-credit scene is the biggest moment in the entire experience.

Captain Marvel was good. I would have rather it been 10 minutes longer and been a straight up origin story rather what they did.

I also felt like they patched up the MCU timeline. I feel like this film would have fit nicely before Guardians of the Galaxy and it would have helped the story along.

The casting was quite good. I enjoyed the straight forward 90s feel to the action scenes.

Marvel Studios has set such a high standard. This is a mid-tier MCU film and it’s quite good. No doubt the follow ups will be even better. It took several tries to really get Thor and Hulk right.

Yeah, I tend to think the Captain Marvel character will be better once she’s there with the rest of the team in Endgame, and the inevitable sequel.

Back