• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Strange New Worlds rocked my world. What a finale, what a season. Most importantly it's good to feel good about Trek again.

I thought the Praetor was a de-aged Denise Crosby until I saw the credits.

Strange New Worlds rocked my world. What a finale, what a season. Most importantly it's good to feel good about Trek again.

I thought the Praetor was a de-aged Denise Crosby until I saw the credits.

Was a little disappointed they didn't use Sarek from DISCO but otherwise I thought it was awesome. Sucks we're done with the season.

I'm all here for the Cult of TOS Crew; thought they did a pretty fun job of showing how great/clever Kirk is a captain and I was glad that Sam reiterated the "walking stack of books" canon version that people forget.

My buddy is a big trek fan but has never seen all of TOS; only the hits and the films. I'll be curious to see what he thinks

when i was a little kid, the first trek I ever watched were three VHS tapes my dad had: Wolf in the Fold (bleh), The Doomsday Machine (FTW) and Balance of Terror.

pretty sure I wore that one out.

You had a better start than I did. TAS was my introduction, yet I still became a fan. I like Wolf in the Fold mostly because it's a rare Scotty episode. The other 2 you listed are elite achievements in human culture, not just among Trek episodes.

You had a better start than I did. TAS was my introduction, yet I still became a fan. I like Wolf in the Fold mostly because it's a rare Scotty episode. The other 2 you listed are elite achievements in human culture, not just among Trek episodes.

for sure

i do like the "click the button" to clap thing and Scotty's like "fuck that" in WitF

that always stuck in my mind; what a great Sci Fi idea

I'll say this for Ms. Marvel for now, no show has ever made me hungrier. A biryani + paratha is perhaps my favorite ordinary meal and both were featured prominently the last couple of episodes.

I keep forgetting to change the thread title but Thor: Love and Thunder comes out today. First showings in my area are in the afternoon so let’s do spoilers Saturday evening.

Another good Ms. Marvel. Can’t say I had Ms. Marvel and Russian Doll season 2 overlapping themes and plot on my 2022 scorecard but it works.

This episode of Ms. Marvel was garbage man. The Clandestine and the Void seem to be completely pointless. Why does it matter that Kamala is the one who led her grandma 20 feet to her great-granddad (who would've walked right into her in a minute anyway). Does Bruno going to Caltech matter? Does the 2nd bangle that they mentioned with a throwaway line a couple episodes back matter, or will she find it next episode and suddenly have all of her power despite it never being mentioned in the mean time?

It is very disappointing to me because I've thought the show was top tier Marvel TV so far, but that episode did absolutely nothing for me and seemed like a huge waste of time, much like the entirety of Boba Fett.

You mean other than four generations of women coming together. Kamala revealed her power to her mom and grandma and we know the bangle has some time travel power that allowed her to meet her great-grandmother.

Ms. Marvel made her first appearance outside of the show in the cruise ship Disney Wish's Avengers: Quantum Encounter show.

https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-meets-captain-america-new-disney-cruise-video-mcu/

CBM: The Boys, Ms. Marvel finales; Thor: Love and Thunder

You mean other than four generations of women coming together. Kamala revealed her power to her mom and grandma and we know the bangle has some time travel power that allowed her to meet her great-grandmother.

Ms. Marvel made her first appearance outside of the show in the cruise ship Disney Wish's Avengers: Quantum Encounter show.

https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-meets-captain-america-new-disney-cruise-video-mcu/

I thought that episode was great.

I still don’t really understand why Aisha’s legacy would cast a shadow over the family name, though.

Is the insinuation that she ran out on her family? Seems unlikely, given what she told Hassan and the general chaos of that time, that he would assume this?

I’m generally skeptical of time travel logic like this, but it frankly came across as kind of a magical realist moment and a really beautiful revelation that the audience gets to go through with Kamala. (If only Disney trusted us to get it without the dialogue confirmation…)

just got out of thor. feel meh about it. less meh than with doctor strange 2 I guess, which felt genuinely poor, but still pretty meh

feels like marvel keeps swinging and missing with phase 4 stuff

I thought that episode was great.

I still don’t really understand why Aisha’s legacy would cast a shadow over the family name, though.

Is the insinuation that she ran out on her family? Seems unlikely, given what she told Hassan and the general chaos of that time, that he would assume this?

I’m generally skeptical of time travel logic like this, but it frankly came across as kind of a magical realist moment and a really beautiful revelation that the audience gets to go through with Kamala. (If only Disney trusted us to get it without the dialogue confirmation…)

The legacy shadow seems like a combination of Sana saying she followed a trail of stars to find her dad and gossipy aunties talking about a single dad raising a child on her own.

Clearly Sana did alright considering she’s loaded.

when i was a little kid, the first trek I ever watched were three VHS tapes my dad had: Wolf in the Fold (bleh), The Doomsday Machine (FTW) and Balance of Terror.

pretty sure I wore that one out.

God, what a great final episode. My 2 favorite episodes of TOS were always The Doomsday Machine and Balance of Terror. It was clever how the writers and director managed to update Balance of Terror, even incorporating the same dialogue and some of the same scenes. Good stuff. Hope they can keep this level of storytelling next season. It will be interesting to see how Una's story plays out as well - I don't think that Pike is going to give her up that easily.

Love & Thunder was so much fun, and also sad. Korg is still hilarious

Love & Thunder was ok. Fun, but not as good as Ragnarok. Lots of "trying too hard" in this one.

Love and Thunder was good. Lower tier MCU but still good. The story was strong and did the character arcs proud. I was impressed how much of the story wasn’t hinted at in the trailer. I’m surprised Christian Bale took this role. He got much more out of it than other actors would.

My kids couldn't believe that was batman playing Gor.

This didn’t have to be a memorable character and Bale made it one without doing too much. That’s the best way I can say it without spoilers.

I liked Love and Thunder ok, but thought it went to the comedy well a little too often. Gor's scenes were by far the best ones and Bale was great. But nearly every line in the movie that didn't have Gor on the screen was a joke and it just felt like a little too much. It needed to be slightly more grounded in my humble opinion. All in all though, enjoyable, just wish they would have contrasted the overwhelming light with a little more darkness given Gor's abilities. I thought it would have been a great way to kinda reign in what has become one big joke.

The Boys finale was incredible. So much tension until the very end. They played that so close to the vest and it really paid off. As someone mentioned before, Frenchie really is one of the best supplementary characters out there.

Back