• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

There are a lot of problems with the XMen franchise as is, but I think the current casting is good, specifically McAvoy and Fassbender. Also, does this mean we're never going to get our Channing Tatum Gambit movie?

There are a lot of problems with the XMen franchise as is, but I think the current casting is good, specifically McAvoy and Fassbender. Also, does this mean we're never going to get our Channing Tatum Gambit movie?

Anything not in the can is probably going to get axed. New Mutants is scheduled to be released in April so I'm going to bet this will go as is. X-Men: Dark Phoenix is an interesting case because filming has been completed but is scheduled to be released next November. Given that the Phoenix Force is fundamentally about rebirth, I wouldn't be shocked to see this movie being the tie-in to the Marvel movie reality with the destruction of the existing X-verse and rebirth into the MCU. Gambit, from what I can tell, hasn't started filming, so it's doomed.

I love the idea of a solo Gambit film but

a) not with Channing Tatum. Unless he dies in the beginning. That dude sucks
b) like Ant-Man. Make it a movie about thieves that happens to have superheroes.

I didn't realize Dark Phoenix had completed filming. I think they'll allow that to go through and hype it as the end of that X-Men Universe.

I think that possibly the best part of the deal isn’t the FF so much as it is getting Doom. Where Loki has kind of been this complex reoccurring villain you can run out multiple times, Doom can be that once Hiddleston hangs it up. He’s the perfect foil to cause universe wide problems.

netflix marvel news coming out that i had not seen.

all 4 individual shows (JJ, LC, DD, IF) returning in 2018. new show runner for IF. Fisk returns.

Oh wow. Maybe Disney has to burn through two seasons of each on Netflix before moving the shows to their streaming network.

Last night's Gifted set up the Hellfire club. Wasn't there going to be a separate Hellfire club tv show at some point?

CBM: X-Men and Fantastic Four to join Marvel Cinematic Universe

Yes. Maybe they’re merging the concepts. I’m disappointed that we seem to be moving from a Morlocks show to a Hellfire Club show. I’m more disappointed that Disney will probably just cancel this show this year or next.

They did the same with Wolverine and the X-Men after they bought Marvel. It was a very promising animated series produced out of India. It featured the Cuckoos and Hellfire Club as well.

In somewhat of an upset, The Gifted is coming back for a second season.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...x-men-drama-gets-renewed-for-season-2-a156762

If anyone is like me and felt disturbed, especially in these days of Roy Moore, about how the Lauren Strucker character caused some "hey now!" instinctual reactions, she is 18.

That's good. They've done a great job in their first season. I hope they don't fall in to a trap that a lot of shows do where they move away from what makes it a fun show.

Great news. It's a very promising show. Very cool that we have two very different shows in the X-Universe centered around children of Xavier and Magneto.

If anyone's interested in something a little bit different, I just discovered a new show based on a comic - "Happy!". While it's surprising enough that I was unaware of a comics based tv show, I'm more surprised that I hadn't heard of the source material since it's based on a series from one of my top 2-3 creators - Grant Morrison. The show has a Morrison weirdness vibe, so it's more like Legion than the WB shows or AoS.

It's on the Syfy network and syfy.com.

Thanks. I hadn’t heard of it either.

Went to Marvel Universe Live: Age of Heroes this weekend. It's the second tour of Marvel Universe Live that debuted in Summer 2014.
https://www.marveluniverselive.com/

It was a lot of fun. There were a lot of characters and the stunts were cool. Our group was 3 families including 5 kids and everybody had a blast. My kids aren't that big into Marvel, but they put on their Captain America outfits and it piqued their interest. My 5 year old saw GOTG at a friend's house during a NYE party. As we left, he told one of his friends (a little girl whose three favorite characters are Ariel, Elsa, and Iron Man), "My daddy told me there are 5 movies about that." I told him, "Actually, there's like 17 movies."

I thought it was a major upgrade over the first tour which was a lot of fun as well. It's going to be in Raleigh the weekend of Jan 25 and Greensboro the weekend of Feb 8. It's in Charlotte and Atlanta about the same times next year.

As we left, he told one of his friends (a little girl whose three favorite characters are Ariel, Elsa, and Iron Man), "My daddy told me there are 5 movies about that." I told him, "Actually, there's like 17 movies."

#undefeated

i wonder what's up with blue Drax.

Back