• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit, Tell Me What Movie to Rent Tonight

09deaconX

Reaction score
Got a coupon for a free rental from the video store down the street this weekend. Even though I never go there, every month or so they'll let me know how much they 'miss seeing me around' and give me a free rental. The last few coupons I got I used on:

-Pulp Fiction
-Waiting for Superman
-The King's Speech

And enjoyed them all. I hardly watch movies so I'm sure there are some good ones out there I haven't seen. Hook me up with some solid flick recommendations...thanks! :plos:

Got a coupon for a free rental from the video store down the street this weekend. Even though I never go there, every month or so they'll let me know how much they 'miss seeing me around' and give me a free rental. The last few coupons I got I used on:

-Pulp Fiction
-Waiting for Superman
-The King's Speech

And enjoyed them all. I hardly watch movies so I'm sure there are some good ones out there I haven't seen. Hook me up with some solid flick recommendations...thanks! :plos:

Wow, those are three VERY different movies. Here are some recommendations with Rotten Tomato values in parentheses.

Similar to Pulp Fiction, I would recommend Reservoir Dogs (96%) or Fight Club (81%).
Similar to Waiting for Superman, I'd choose Inside Job (98%).
And as for King's Speech, no real recommendations as you should just look into the Best Picture nominees for this year.

Rent Dog Day Afternoon. The director died recently so you could call it a tribute viewing.

-Pulp Fiction
-Waiting for Superman
-The King's Speech

A coupon from the video store? What is this 1993? Assuming so, Mrs. Doubtfire and Rudy are two sure-fire picks!

Wow, those are three VERY different movies. Here are some recommendations with Rotten Tomato values in parentheses.

Similar to Pulp Fiction, I would recommend Reservoir Dogs (96%) or Fight Club (81%).
Similar to Waiting for Superman, I'd choose Inside Job (98%).
And as for King's Speech, no real recommendations as you should just look into the Best Picture nominees for this year.

Are you talking about the Documentary 'Inside Job'. Because that was a great documentary on the financial crisis of 2008.

Are you talking about the Documentary 'Inside Job'. Because that was a great documentary on the financial crisis of 2008.

Yes. Put it in that category as Waiting for Superman is also a documentary, though on our education system.

A coupon from the video store? What is this 1993? Assuming so, Mrs. Doubtfire and Rudy are two sure-fire picks!

Agreed, coupons are very old school in the age of Netflix, Hulu, etc. Considering they're a brick and mortar store with nothing in the way of online rentals, I'm pretty convinced there's no way they're making money.

That being said, I don't ask questions, I just step up to the trough for my free rental!

Back