• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT83: STAY SAFE POVERTY GHOST

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i'm surprisingly not all that girly in my tv show choices (i'm religious about Mad Men, Happy Endings, Modern Fam, Nashville aaaaand glee (that one's a little girly but i can't quit it). although when all else fails if I just want something on the TV and don't have anything specific to watch, generally it's between E, TLC or HGTV.

Nashville is hella girly.

Shows Mrs. DF07 and I watch or have watched together:

Parks & Rec
Community
Mad Men
Scrubs (on Netflix)
The West Wing (finished)
Sherlock

Shows I watch or have watched solo:

Dr. Who
Eastbound & Down
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Revolution
Arrow
The Walking Dead

Shows Mrs. DF07 watch or has watched solo:

NCIS
The Voice

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are others.

Shows we watch together: Criminal Minds, Law & Order, Modern Family
Shows I watch: It's Always Sunny, The League, Workaholics, 30 for 30, Duck Dynasty, Mad Men, Breaking Bad
Shows she watches (but I get sucked in sometimes): Parenthood, Revenge, Scandal

unbeknownst to me, another couple of people from my old job are now dating (sooo weird). I actually invited them to come with workhusband and i out for drinks tomorrow knowing that they were good friends, and i like both of them and she texts me this morning and is like "uhhh just in case you didn't know, we're dating now... it's hush-hush around the office but workhusband knows too". so now it's kind of a double date... except maybe not. but maybe?

Uggg why are you inviting mutual friends for the drinks the first time you go out post him being single, you're setting yourself up for friendzone status and not rebound status.

We also watch Duck Dynasty together. I don't really count things like 30 for 30 (mostly together) or American Pickers (mostly me).

Uggg why are you inviting mutual friends for the drinks the first time you go out post him being single, you're setting yourself up for friendzone status and not rebound status.

becaaaause i don't want him to think it's all weird that i'm ooonly inviting him to drinks. my plan is that hopefully other couple will leave sooner and workhub and i will stay later, which will hopefully spawn another actual date.

becaaaause i don't want him to think it's all weird that i'm ooonly inviting him to drinks. my plan is that hopefully other couple will leave sooner and workhub and i will stay later, which will hopefully spawn another actual date.

terrible, terrible plan

My wife will also watch sports with me from time-to-time, although usually she'll take that opportunity to surf the web or whatever. Fortunately for her, I don't really watch Wake sports any more, so that reduces my sports viewing by probably 75% from a few years ago.

Matt's wife is obvs. not cool, but we have a similar schedule thans to the munchkin where we watch an hour or 2 together (Top Chef, Amazing Race, Dexter, Weeds, Homeland, Leverage, Vegas, Burn Notice, Storage Wars, etc) before I fall asleep. I mostly watch my own stuff (DA, Reality TV, Nashville, SVU, Grey's, etc.) during naps during the week and he watches his own stuff (Justified, some golf stuff, Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, I don't know what else) after I go to bed. It works for us.

Ph, yay for Octonauts. We're still mostly watching Timmy Time and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but the ecologist in me LOVES that he gets Creature Reports.

I fully admit that I watch too much TV (though honestly, since E was born, we watch way less, our DVRs are almost always full).

Well, my job responsibilities may be changing fairly significantly. Should be interesting to watch this shake out.

My girlfriend and I really only watch Boardwalk Empire together. Everything else is separate.

So your plan is to not show definitive interest in him, so then he won't know if you're just a friend or a potential baby making factory, so then he won't make any moves on you, so that you can then have to resort to coming to the CT to see if the lack of exclamation points in his texts mean he's just not an exclamation point guy or that he's not interested.

If you only invite him to drinks he will have an inlking you might be down. If you're friends already it shouldn't be weird.

In the dentist chair waiting to get a crack in my tooth fixed. I'm such a sissy about dentistry.

Matt's wife is obvs. not cool, but we have a similar schedule thans to the munchkin where we watch an hour or 2 together (Top Chef, Amazing Race, Dexter, Weeds, Homeland, Leverage, Vegas, Burn Notice, Storage Wars, etc) before I fall asleep. I mostly watch my own stuff (DA, Reality TV, Nashville, SVU, Grey's, etc.) during naps during the week and he watches his own stuff (Justified, some golf stuff, Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, I don't know what else) after I go to bed. It works for us.

Ph, yay for Octonauts. We're still mostly watching Timmy Time and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but the ecologist in me LOVES that he gets Creature Reports.

your little guy may be too young now, but dinosaur train is by far the most educational show birdie watches and it's actually pretty entertaining for adults, compared to mickey mouse. she can ID close to 10 dinosaurs. and my wife has the hots for dr. scott the paleontologist.

Oh man, I hope that if I'm ever sharing my TV time with someone again, that we watch similar stuff most of the time. I do watch a lot of TV. My girliest show is So You Think You Can Dance, which is totally a guilty pleasure, but I feel like the rest of my shows are guy-friendly enough (some more than others). Sports in general of course, then Game of Thrones, Dexter, Homeland, Southland, White Collar (maybe the least guy-friendly, as the girls aren't as attractive as in some of the other shows), Suits, Covert Affairs, Rizzoli & Isles (maybe less guy-friendly too), Law & Order SVU, Elementary, CSI, Simpsons, Family Guy, Archer. I do watch some HGTV now and then, but I know guys who also enjoy House Hunters.

edited to add more. also I'm sure someone will come through and explain that guys don't like most of that stuff. I just think it's not terribly girl-only like MTV, Bravo, dating show type shit.

Last edited:
your little guy may be too young now, but dinosaur train is by far the most educational show birdie watches and it's actually pretty entertaining for adults, compared to mickey mouse. she can ID close to 10 dinosaurs. and my wife has the hots for dr. scott the paleontologist.

channel? I want to get him watching sesame street too, but that comes on at stupid times and I can never remember to record it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back