• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do conservatives still want Chris Christie?

Christie could hugely benefit if the wackos continue acting insanely. He could also benefit if Ryan holds tightly to his immoral (according to the Catholic bishops) budget plan.

He can win over the conservative right - just has to change his name to Jesus Christie.

New Jersey Supreme Court ruled 7-0 in favor of marriage equality over Christie's objections (he's already vetoed legislation). Iowa GOP successfully removed 3 judges when the same thing happened there. Lots of luck in the Iowa Caucus, Big Guy.

Mass has always been very liberal on gay marriage, and Romney made it through the primary OK.

I do find it interesting that Corey Booker and Chris Christie are both so popular in Jersey.

New Jersey begins allowing same-sex marriage

In Newark, Mayor Cory Booker was marrying the first of several couples when someone attempted to disrupt the ceremony.

Booker had asked if anyone had reason to object to the marriage and a protester screamed, "This is unlawful in the eyes of God and Jesus Christ."

Booker, who was elected to the U.S. Senate last week, called for the person to be removed and police dragged him out.

As Booker continued speaking, "...not hearing any substantive and worthy objections," thunderous applause erupted.

Coming from a registered republican, the GOP is so fucked if dropping a challenge to gay marriage (not supporting, just dropping the challenge) means a viable candidate won't make it out of the primary.

Also, I found this interesting. 42% of NJ Republicans thought he shouldn't pursue a challenge to the lower court ruling.

In a Quinnipiac poll earlier this month, New Jerseyans said they preferred Christie drop the challenge by a nearly two-to-one margin. A slight plurality of Republican voters said Christie should continue to pursue the challenge, 49% to 42%.

Last edited:
NJ 'Pubs nominated that Lonegan assclown who campaigned with Palin, but the Iowa GOP is the bigger problem. Some perennial gadlfly who lost several statewide GOP primaries in Iowa had a social conservative manifesto last time that referenced the family values of slavery. Everybody but Santorum and Bachmann refused to sign it. Frothy ended up winning in Iowa. Cruz has only been in office since January, but he's making his third trip to Iowa. Cruz's approval rating is above 70% in Texas and some feel he'd win Iowa easily if the Caucus was held today. GOP can't change their primary voters, but they're not served well with Iowa being first and South Carolina third. They'd be much better off if the first three primary states were Ohio, Colorado, and Virginia.

NJ 'Pubs nominated that Lonegan assclown who campaigned with Palin, but the Iowa GOP is the bigger problem. Some perennial gadlfly who lost several statewide GOP primaries in Iowa had a social conservative manifesto last time that referenced the family values of slavery. Everybody but Santorum and Bachmann refused to sign it. Frothy ended up winning in Iowa. Cruz has only been in office since January, but he's making his third trip to Iowa. Cruz's approval rating is above 70% in Texas and some feel he'd win Iowa easily if the Caucus was held today. GOP can't change their primary voters, but they're not served well with Iowa being first and South Carolina third. They'd be much better off if the first three primary states were Ohio, Colorado, and Virginia.

Agreed. That makes senes for both parties.

Coming from a registered republican, the GOP is so fucked if dropping a challenge to gay marriage (not supporting, just dropping the challenge) means a viable candidate won't make it out of the primary.

Also, I found this interesting. 42% of NJ Republicans thought he shouldn't pursue a challenge to the lower court ruling.

In a Quinnipiac poll earlier this month, New Jerseyans said they preferred Christie drop the challenge by a nearly two-to-one margin. A slight plurality of Republican voters said Christie should continue to pursue the challenge, 49% to 42%.

I can’t stop laughing at a few nuggets in there:

Because the Romney campaign’s servers were under continual assault by Chinese hackers, the computers in the clean room were not connected to the Internet.

Within a month, the vetters had assembled preliminary research books on the 11, which Romney perused and then rendered his short list: Christie (Pufferfish), Pawlenty (Lakefish), Portman (Filet o Fish), Rubio (Pescado) and Ryan (Fishconsin).

Fishconsin!

Although on the whole, I feel like Romney came off worse than Christie.

The part that was most interesting to me was the guy who said Romney's campaign would have destroyed Christie in the primaries so much that he wouldn't be able to run for Governor again. May be hollow boasting, but the only thing Romney's campaign did well was trash their primary opponents. Granted Newt and Frothy were easy targets, but that quote is astounding.

Christie now ahead of Cruz across the board in Republican Primary polls, albeit by only one point in PPP, with its right-wing electorate. Also leading the GOP field in Iowa, by one point over Cruz.

Most interesting poll data to me is Santorum. He's nowhere nationally, but he's still in the mix for Iowa. That will be 10 years after he got curbstomped by 18 in PA after he'd served two full terms as Senator. He's toast if he doesn't win Iowa and 2016 will be bad for Senators (Thanks again, Obama!). As much as the Tea Party hates moderates, they desperately need a socially conservative Governor to run against Christie since Jeb is his only potential rival. Social conservatives need a single candidate or else they'll cannibalize the primary vote early again.

I don't think Christie has a chance. Well, he has a chance, obviously, because of the $, but I don't think he will resonate with the base. I like the fact that he speaks his mind, but even in this day and age, I don't think voters want somebody they perceive could be unhinged or unhealthy. And that is really the only part of Christie's appeal-- that he is blunt and unhinged. While many may view Cruz in the same way, he has a lot of wiggle room still to define himself. Right now, the Dems are the ones seeking to define and paint him and are doing so. But the public at large still doesn't *know* Cruz (except for RJ, of course). Hell, I live in Texas and still don't *know* Cruz. I think he would come off much better in a modern media setting than Christie. Even if you find Cruz to be unhinged politically, his demeanor is anything but. There is a lot of video out there (most of which I love) of Christie being (1) fat, (2) loudmouthed, (3) brash, and (4) having a Yankee accent.

That said, I'd vote for Christie in a second over that idiot Hillary.

The closures came on Sept. 9, the first day of school in Fort Lee, leading to massive traffic jams as bridge traffic backed up into local streets. As a result, police and emergency vehicles were delayed in responding to reports of a missing child and a cardiac arrest.

At one point, Wildstein received a text message from an unknown sender -- the emails are partially redacted -- saying, "Is it wrong that I'm smiling."

"No," replied Wildstein. When the other person added, "I feel badly about the kids. I guess," Wildstein reminded them that their parents are probably Democrats anyway.

ew.

Back