• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

The general population isn't going to understand #BuzzOut. With limited space I'm not sure if you need the hashtag. Maybe an attention grabbing stat, Wake Forest deserves better and the website plug.

"Wake basketball players deserve better"

Or

"Wake Forest basketball players deserve better"

This definitely needs to be in the ad.

Haha I think that's perfect - can we use "supportdeacs" first post as our advertisement. He says it all 'Wake Forest deserves better" - clean, quick, and to the point.

... and I agree with Turd - keep the players out of it.

In this world of so much need why not give those funds to a local food bank. Don't you know your negative campaign has an impact on the university,the players,coaches and their families. It is a mean spirited campaign and Wake Forest deserves better. Do something positive with your money. You and others may be vocal but you don't speak for the majority of fans. Sure it has been a tough few years but you can rest assured Jeff [Redacted] and his staff are taking this much harder than you and yours.

I'm sure it's been tough on Buzz collecting millions of our dollars while he sucks at his job so much. If you don't want to contribute, fine. Give your money to some other worthy cause. But there is nothing mean spirited going on here.

Here I come with an RJ-esque $.02, but I wouldn't mention the players at all. Bringing them into it, even in a somewhat positive way, still puts attention on them and puts them in an uncomfortable position. If Bz is not fired, many of them will continue to have to work with him, and I just don't think saying they deserve better will make them feel better. Keep it short, succinct, and focused on Buzz and Wellman.

Just my opinion.

Dang. That's a great point. Strike my last post.

In this world of so much need why not give those funds to a local food bank. Don't you know your negative campaign has an impact on the university,the players,coaches and their families. It is a mean spirited campaign and Wake Forest deserves better. Do something positive with your money. You and others may be vocal but you don't speak for the majority of fans. Sure it has been a tough few years but you can rest assured Jeff [Redacted] and his staff are taking this much harder than you and yours.

It's not any more of a negative impact then it's having on the donations to the athletic program and the university as a whole, nor is it any worse than the impact that Jeff [Redacted] has brought upon Wake sports fans and the university at large. It's not a mean-spirited campaign whatsoever other than voicing our opinion as it is evident that Ron Wellman and the administration has not been listening. We DO speak for the majority of fans, I know literally at least a thousand Wake Forest fans and I can name the ones that I know that support [Redacted] from memory.

Even if [Redacted] is taking it "harder" than we are he can at least rest assured at night as he dreams about the 1.2 million he's tucking away in his bank account every year.

We run the ad. Period.

"Wake Forest deserves better. Fire [Redacted]. FireBz.com". Make the message clear. A lot of people still don't know what #BuzzOut means.

Wake Forest Deserves Better #BuzzOut firebz.com

Can we get a rough draft of what some of these would look like and then give some opinions?

... and while I like "Wake Forest Deserves Better", I could go either way on including "#BuzzOut or not... the website should definitely be on there.

Agreed. Double check for typos, take what people have said and run with it. Get PayPal up now.

#Bono -- Tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

The Greensboro paper should give you all an amazing deal bc of the free publicity this will get their paper. It will be huge and people will be picking it up to see it who might not have otherwise.

Folks, you are throwing good money after bad. Wellman will give Bzz one more year and that is that.

The meltdown will be colossal, because you guys don't believe me, but every word I'm telling you is from an unimpeachable source.

Can we get a rough draft of what some of these would look like and then give some opinions?

... and while I like "Wake Forest Deserves Better", I could go either way on including "#BuzzOut or not... the website should definitely be on there.

Probably going to keep the final decision/design close to the vest.

#BuzzOut will be included. That's the best marketing tool we've had going for us. Don't ask me how, I still don't fully understand how Twitters work.

Folks, you are throwing good money after bad. Wellman will give Bzz one more year and that is that.

The meltdown will be colossal, because you guys don't believe me, but every word I'm telling you is from an unimpeachable source.

I questioned you until the Wellman statement came out today reaffirming support for [Redacted] but now I really trust you...oh wait.

The Greensboro paper should give you all an amazing deal bc of the free publicity this will get their paper. It will be huge and people will be picking it up to see it who might not have otherwise.

This was my first thought. Mentioned this to both of the Strattons.

Not my deal, but I'd follow up with them. You are more than welcome to tell them that I'm on board.

No problem giving them some extra exposure through our outlets if they go above and beyond for us.

Last edited:
Probably going to keep the final decision/design close to the vest.

#BuzzOut will be included. That's the best marketing tool we've had going for us. Don't ask me how, I still don't fully understand how Twitters work.

I hear you - but I just wouldn't expect to get as many donations if you're not telling anyone what their money is going towards.

Sure we all know it's an advertisement, but if we're giving money, I'd like to know what it's going to say.

Back