• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

I'd kind of like to have the details squared away on how money's going to be handled.

Who gets refunded if a day is partially funded, etc.?

Is there a more transparent way of handing this given our purpose? Asking as much on behalf of the Strattons as I am anybody who'd be contributing.

For refund I would suggest:

Say you raise 870 and only 650 is used. 870-650 = 120. 120/870 x 100% = 13.8%. Everybody is refunded 13.8% of what they paid.

It's a little more work, but not that hard on PayPal.

Yeah go ahead and post that with the PayPal info for this ad. We'll make sure it only covers the costs of the ads and nothing more.

Given that my full name linked in address and every personal detail has been posted here I wouldn't put it past the betas here to buy video games Mountain Dew and micro condoms on my dime.

Given that my full name linked in address and every personal detail has been posted here I wouldn't put it past the betas here to buy video games Mountain Dew and micro condoms on my dime.

A lot of veiled insults in this post.

Video games = Calling us nerds
Mountain Dew = Calling us fat
Micro Condoms = We all have small penises
Beta = A combination of all of the above and more

However, in order to use his personal information to find his credit card/paypal information, we'd have to be a whole helluva lot smarter than he gives us credit for. Something doesn't add up..

lol that someone who constantly brags about how much money he has on an internet message board calls someone ELSE beta.

We're not the insecure ones here, buddy.

I'm content with leftovers going to the board fundraiser. Now shut up and take my money!

I think we should volunteer to name the Mod Forum after Caturday if he funds these banners in the GSO paper. That's fair because his name comes up the most there with the mods and he deserves something for donating!

Leftover goes to the boards... and man, some of you can get so easily distracted buy a bunch of parodies ruffling your feathers. Just ignore them...

lol that someone who constantly brags about how much money he has on an internet message board calls someone ELSE beta.

We're not the insecure ones here, buddy.

Dude you're the ultimate beta and always will be. You complain about how wake isn't as prestigious as unc or duke and as such cant get a good job but the blame rests on your shoulders. It's your fault you're poor and sexually confused.

It would appear that Caturday's favorite new thing is to refer to everyone else as "beta." At least he isn't bragging about how much money he has.

well I'm going to bed - hopefully this thing is up and running by the AM and we get a healthy amount of alumni/fans to contribute... later haters.

Thanks to those taking initiative and getting this organized. Please start a crowd tilt. Not PayPal. You will raise a lot more with crowd tilt, but one of the ring leaders needs to set that up now.

I'm in for a donation. Let me know where to send it.

You could probably get enough for all 4 days if you let the paypal/crowdtilt site go viral on facebook and twitter but I'm not sure you want that much exposure before running it.

If you can get funding for all 4 days, I would do a new statistic or fact each day with the firebz url, the bzzout hashtag and a uniform tagline. The statistics are so damning, I think you can let them speak for themselves. Something along the lines of:

Day 1 -

Title: Wake Up Wellman/Wake Forest (or something playing off the wake pun)
Fact of the Day: Jeff [Redacted]'s road conference record in the Big 12 and ACC is 2-47 for a .041 winning percentage.
#BuzzOut
firebz.com

Day 2 -

Title: Wake Up Wellman/Wake Forest (same as above)
Fact of the Day: Jeff [Redacted] has suffered 73 double digit losses since the 2008 season
#BuzzOut
firebz.com

Day 3, etc.

Couple of other thoughts - I personally would change the stats so they only include his time at Wake. An uneducated fan could see some of them and say "Oh well I bet a lot of these dismal results happened during his time at Colorado." I think including the CO stats take away from how bad he's been at Wake. I think you should leave the players out of it for reasons stated above. It would also be great to somehow communicate that a new coach will be welcome with open arms here. We're a pretty easy group of fans to please but [Redacted] is just plain unacceptable and he's a terrible fit (him and Skip could not be far enough apart on the spectrum).

If you really want to go balls to the wall - get a simple social media campaign going with tweets and facebook shares of some of the slogans and facts you use in the advertisements. Then also include youtube videos of happier Wake times (i.e. Chill, Duncan, Skip, CP3, court rushings, etc.) with the bzzout hashtag.

Back