• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

Seems like Stanford Robinson and Kam Williams all over again, priority-wise... Hopefully I'm wrong and we can land commitments from Johnson or Mitchell, but I'm getting deja vu from all of these articles.

“I just think they have one of the best staffs in the country,” he said. “I love all their coaches. I went and visited. They got a beautiful campus. They’re in the rebuilding stage also so I could come in and contribute right away.”-Robert Johnson

“They are not my favorites but those are the schools recruiting me the hardest,” he said of Indiana, Villanova, Florida State and Wake Forest.

Wah, wah, wah, waaaahhh.

The good news about Johnson is IU has already singed ESPN #25 James Blackmon, Jr. is the same type of player.

Off topic, but one of the State bloggers just tweeted that State incoming freshman Beejay Anya weighed in at 338 pounds. Crazy.

Yeah but he has gained about 50 pounds since that video. Photo here from a recent Pro-Am game.

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/highschools/x1202636219/PRO-AM-PROXIES

Damn. But the article did say this about him... Beejay Anya, a 6-9, 275 incoming N.C. State recruit from DeMatha High School in Hiattsville, Md., had the crowd rocking as he rattled the rim repeatedly with explosive dunks during his appearance Thursday night. He might remind fans of a young Richard Howell, the recently graduated State center, before Howell remade himself in the weight room

We offered Matthew Fisher-Davis (2014 SG)
6'4/6'5 175 lbs
Rivals 3*
Offers include: Charlotte, Georgia, Mississippi, UNCW, Northern Kentucky, Ohio, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, Western Carolina, W. Kentucky

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits 1h

Wake Forest has extended an offer to 2014 Charlotte Christian (NC) G Matthew Fisher-Davis.(h/t @JamieShaw5) @itseasyy http://verbalcommits.com/players/matthew-fisher-davis

Jamie Shaw ‏@JamieShaw5 1h

Matthew Fisher Davis 6'4 G @itseasyy tells me wake forest has now offered @VerbalCommits

Doesn't appear to have a profile on Scout or ESPN, but he's supposedly had a big July and is on the rise. Any updates would be great, as he plays HS ball for Charlotte Christian.

Also, here's some more Twitter-news. McIntosh is a 3* combo-guard with high major offers/interest.

Jeff Rabjohns ‏@JeffRabjohns 14 Jul

2014 G Bryant McIntosh offers from Northwestern, Creighton; contact from Purdue, Iowa, Wake Forest, Xavier, St Louis this weekend.

I wish we'd just get a commitment from Johnson already...

Back