• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Yea it definitely takes a while to get you program up and going. I went 6-18 my second season :rulz: Now that i've built it up I haven't had less than 19 wins in 9 seasons, and 20+ in 8 of those. Just keep plugging away in recruiting. Once you get out of the middle ground and can recruit kids with a positive win pref it gets much easier.

Boca Raton 93
Athens 62

Erin Atkins lit up the Timberwolves for 33 his career high and a team season high. Not to be outdone, Poisson had 23 points in the victory. Leon Cochran getting the start in place of Bert Hutchings had 14 pts, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals. Hmm... Hutchings only played 14 minutes at bSF but still is sitting at stamina 9 so I'm going to sit him during game 1 of the Conference Tournament against 1-14 Evansville. PR is unchanged. Sitting at 23rd despite being 14-1.

Recruiting:
I'm still in 2 ties but managed to maneuver myself into 3 Clear Leads which should give us great depth in the post next season.

Brice Truong (11) 4/4
Tad Board (12) 4/4
Fred Alves CL
2 others CL (Don't want to reveal them just yet. :) )

Big win for me tonight over then #3 and defending champion Carnegie Potters 103-92 in 2OT. I took awaken's advice and switched my starting and backup SGs around, and while neither did that much in the game, it opened up better looks for my PG and SF. Hopefully that will give the boys some confidence heading into the conference tourney next week.

Recruiting is not looking nearly as good though, so I think I'm going to have to have a pretty good stretch of post season wins in order to win some ties.

almost jinxed myself...beat 4-11 south bend 85-72. bad game by the boys but travers did OK: 9/11, 4/0 ast/to and 3 D. i really don't like the guys taking it easy tonight...sprints tomorrow!

recruiting is going well. my 3 maxes didn't change and i have 2 players 0/0 and 2 other leads...youngstown is chasing me for james r15. i think i have around 5rpe lead and i like james. he is lung-lite, if i lose the tie on my max lung r10.

i seriously hate the way priorities work in this game! i want a 2/1 class and you can't tell what you are going to get in ties...i could get 3 guards or 3 big men only because the way i set up the priority pts. just poor game strategy that you can separate them in some way!

We're the 3-seed in the C18 Tourney after beating Paducah 95-86. We get them again in the first round. We only won 99-97 in our first game, so I'm not excited about having to play them a 3rd time. Historically, that has meant a loss which would put us perilously close to the PTT as we sit with a PR of 56. Frankly, I wouldn't mind a top seed in the PTT to help boost my PR more than going 1-5 in the NTT will. The top 5 teams in strength of schedule are all Conference 18 teams, so it could be a brutal tournament.

Recruiting is pretty much the same. I really need at least one of my maxes because of my void in the post. At least the guys I have can occasionally rebound, but they aren't good defenders and can't score a lick.

Last edited:
Frankfort FALLS to Grand Rapids, 86-88. GR PG Kip Grether with Player of the Game honors with 22 pts on 12 shots. I tweaked the lineup slightly by switching my PG and bPG and it backfired. The game was not quite as close as it appears as Frankfort got a 4pt play to end the game. Due to SOS, only fell to #2 PR. Still #1 in tough C18. Get Knoxville on Monday, then GR/Independence winner Wednesday.

Recruiting: One team dropped off KC Nelson, so he's now a 6/6. In my net, I'm fighting Bakersfield for Len Granville despite their mismatch on his local pref, so I am considering that a near CL.

There's something weird going on in the Top 75. I dropped off Rodolfo Aguilar after the reveal (I'm @ 66), and still showing 7/7 on him. Also, Jerry Winders (66) has had leader at 32 since reveal, and I've been 6/6 @15. How could he not get passed?

Beat Dallas HP Panthers yesterday. I think they are a computer team, because they have been really bad ever since I have started. 98-58. Ruis had 22/14, he has been doing so great for me, very consistent this year. My anchor for sure. Gary did well too, with 21 points.

Recruiting about the same, Hutchinson dropped down to a 5/5, hope that people continue to drop off him! haha

Think I found my backup assuming i dont get him

I think the Top 75 in the UTT Perks includes their highest appearance. That's new. There are several players in my Top 75 in the 70s, one whose Top RPE is 32.

The guys that are in the top 75 that are at 32 are guys that have been maxed for two weeks by teams that are under user control but the coaches are no longer active. I picked up Ovellette last season this way. The auto recruiter recruiter uses the psuedo credits the team has to recruit the first two weeks but once those are gone it stops recruiting. At least that makes sense in my head because there is no way someone that is actually active wouldn't move on a guy they have like that.

Flagstaff picked up 110-81 win over Yuma to move us to PR of 9 and a 13-2 record overall. Got outrebounded for the first time all year, which was surprising considering that we outrebounded Yuma by 14 in the first matchup. Pedigo had 24, Stone had 17, and Naquin had 21/11/4D and 2 assist. Kids going to be one of Flagstaffs best ever. Got Passadena up in the first round of the conference tourney. Recruiting is still the same, have a CL on a +4ish pass first PG now.

Oh and in my League 15 team it looks like I actually am going to sneak up on Detroit and take the lead on the Exc +6 Scouted 6'8 guy. Doesn't score but should come in FEEG_G. I'll take it with my team. Still need some post scoring though.

Oh and in my League 15 team it looks like I actually am going to sneak up on Detroit and take the lead on the Exc +6 Scouted 6'8 guy. Doesn't score but should come in FEEG_G. I'll take it with my team. Still need some post scoring though.

My L15 team landed in the NTT for the first time. I hope the boys come to play tonight and pull a win. We face off against one of Vick's sleeper picks with a hot shooting guard. The one Achilles heel we have had this season has been being torched at the SG spot. :( I just hesitate to make big changes at this point in the season, especially with at team that went 13-5 in the 2nd toughest conference in the league. If not for a 3 pt loss in round 2 we would have been facing off against Perennial favorite Capser for the conference tourney title.

Boca Raton 98
Evansville 71

Erin Atkins took a while to get heated up but he's averaging 23 points per game over the last 6 matches. Tonight he netted 23 more and an impressive 7 rebounds. Bert Hutchings off the bench was second with 17 pts.

Hutchings is still ailing so will have to remain on the bench for Wednesday's matchup. (9 stamina)

Boca Raton 98
Evansville 71

Erin Atkins took a while to get heated up but he's averaging 23 points per game over the last 6 matches. Tonight he netted 23 more and an impressive 7 rebounds. Bert Hutchings off the bench was second with 17 pts.

Hutchings is still ailing so will have to remain on the bench for Wednesday's matchup. (9 stamina)

Why didn't you put him NA a while ago? He obviously isn't getting back to a 10 just coming off the bench and you are certainly going to need him in the NTT.

Why didn't you put him NA a while ago? He obviously isn't getting back to a 10 just coming off the bench and you are certainly going to need him in the NTT.

It popped up a couple games before the tournament and I've had success with 9s going away after a game or two coming off the bench. I may put him NA for game 2 wed night. I'm confident that we can win our conference tournament with or without Hutchings. :)

Dearborn - 93
South Bend - 54

we bounced back after a lackluster outing on Friday against the same team which only gave us a 13 pt victory. i guess the boys didn't like the sprints on Saturday...never the less they came out ready to play!

Knox scored 31, Jimenez had 18 but again the game ball goes to Travers with 12/8, 4/0 ast/to and 4 D. Coyne didn't score much but did have 6/0 ast/to and 4 stls.

the conference has the same 4 teams, as usual...Nashville, Dearborn, Green Bay and Bloomington. it's Nashville's to lose, they just have the best team, but any of the 4 teams could win the tournament.

everyone good in L7 recruiting? i have a tweener, surprise :rolleyes:, PF available.

PM me

everyone good in L7 recruiting? i have a tweener, surprise :rolleyes:, PF available.

PM me

Think I am set thanks!

I may also have a big if someone needs a PF/C to avoid a walk on.

Let me know.

I don't have enough points or scholarships available to take advantage of any of this. It's maxes or bust for me.

NTT Bound?

Currently 7 DeACCon coaches are looking at the NTT and a few others have the option with strong conference tournaments or winning it outright. As it stands now, only 2 teams have been eliminated.

Clinched Teams (6)
Frankfort Deacon Blues #2 (14-2)
DeACCon Challenge: 3-3
Coach: awaken
NTT Status: In (Conference Champs)

Flagstaff Whippersnappers #12 (14-2)
Coach: pilotdeac

Duluth Bullish Deacs #11 (14-2)
DeACCon Challenge: 5-1 (Champion)
Coach: phdeac
NTT Status: In (PR)

Nashville Domination #14 (14-2)
DeACCon Challenge: 4-2
Coach: reddoor

Chicago Golden Deacons #22 (14-2)
DeACCon Challenge: N/A
Coach: ntndeacon

Boca Raton Storm #24 (15-1)
DeACCon Challenge: 4-2
Coach: stormfury
NTT Status: In (Conference Champs, PR)

Bubble Teams (5)
Dearborn Warak's Deacs #41 (12-4)
Coach: warak
NTT Status: In (PR)

Carbondale Violence #49 (11-5)
DeACCon Challenge: 3-2
Coach: simplex10
NTT Status: Bubble Team

Rochester Sandworms #95 (10-6)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-5
Coach: redwing42
NTT Status: Out

Rochester likely needs to win their conference tournament.

Eugene Travelers #101 (9-7)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-4
Coach: Turftoe

Eugene needs to win their conference tournament.

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs #110 (9-7)
DeACCon Challenge: 2-4
Coach: dadeacs

Don't look now but Cincy has gotten hot winning 3 in a row. A win wednesday against Youngstown #18 would be huge. Likely need to win their conference tournament.

Looking towards season 68 (2)

Odessa Spooks #92 (8-5)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-3
Coach: tyork13

Odessa won't be dancing this season as their PR just isn't high enough and their conference tournament is over.

Flint Firestarters #127 (5-11)
DeACCon Challenge: N/A
Coach: DiesalDeac

Flint won't be dancing this season as their PR just isn't high enough and their conference tournament is over.

Back