• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Boca Raton 80
Asheville 57

Boca celebrates it's 4th straight Conference 13 tournament championship and this year's seniors finish undefeated in conference play. Mo Poisson lead the charge with 26 points.

Our PR has us at #17 which put us in the 5 seed in the northwest bracket and should we finally break through to the sweet 16 will get a chance to face off against the #1 team in the land Philly. (more on that in a separate post.)

Recruiting still is about the same. 3 leads in net, 2 maxes that are 4/4 ties and a 4th netter tie that i'm maxing this week.

Nice to see Boca in a different bracket than our other 2 number 1 seeds, nice representing again. COngrats to Frankfort and Duluth. Also congrats to Flagstaff, Boca, Nashville, Chicago, Dearborn, and any others that made NTT. (sory if i forgot you!)

I am in the PTT as a 5 seed. Not expecting much, hope I make it as far as possible

recruiting is the same, Hoping to get 2 of my maxes (1 CL) and I have a PG in case Hutchinson doesn't work out. glad I found him

Excuse my language but how in the he.. did Wilmington get into the tournament at 8-10???? The lost in the 2nd round of their conference tournament and certainly didn't beat Philadelphia for conference title....

NTT Season 67

7 Deacon coaches get in 3 of which are 5 seeds and 2 1 seeds. All 7 are ranked 9th or higher with 6 top 5 or higher.

As with most seasons all of the brackets are tough but both the north brackets appear to be the hardest around.

For my full preview visit the DTL forums:
http://www.drivethelane.com/bask/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182680#182680

Northwest Bracket
Chicago Golden Deacons #9 seed - Chicago has an always tough Colorado Springs team in the 8/9 game and then the pleasure of facing off against Philadelphia in round 2.

Boca Raton Storm #5 seed - Boca has the 12 seed Bethlehem team that is averaging 92 ppg. This should be an interesting and potentially upsetting matchup.

Summary: I really don't like our chances of advancing a DeACCon coach from this region. To many talented teams including 4 undefeated and a 1 loss 5 seed.

Southwest Bracket
Duluth Bullish Deacs #1 seed - My midseason pick to be a 1 seed came true. The bullish deacs face off against Anaheim in round 1 and could potentiall face off with Dearborn in the sweet 16.

Dearborn Warak's Deacs #5 seed - Dearborn faces off with Boca's NTT nemesis Oakland in round 1 and has a really tough path to the final four with Jackson and Duluth ahead.

Summary: Duluth in my opinion is our best chance at a Deac winning the NTT. I'm picking Ph to get to the final four.

Northeast Bracket
Frankfort Deacon Blues #1 seed - Our perinnial 1 seed did it again this year.

Nashville Domination #5 seed - Lower than I thought they would be seeded but the Domination should make it to the sweet 16 and could potentiall face off with Frankfort.

Summary: I've got Nashville and Frankfort battling it out in the sweet 16 with Nashville pulling the upset. This bracket is equally tough to the Northwest so it's possible we don't advance anyone from it.

Southeast Bracket
Flagstaff Whippersnappers #4 seed - Our lone active deacon coach in the southeast bracket, I feel the bracket may be setup for a deep run for the whippersnappers.

Summary: With only Flagstaff in the mix, odds are we won't place a deac from this bracket either but Flagstaff's got an easier path than most and could surprise if Naquin can live up to expectations.

Bracket Breakdown:
Northwest 247-41 with 4 undefeated teams and 3 with 5 losses or more.

Southwest 236-52 with 0 undefeated teams and 3 teams with 5 losses or more including 7 loss grand rapids.

Northeast 242-46 with 0 undefeated teams and 1 teams with 5 losses or more.

Souteast 238-50 with 0 undefeated teams and 3 teams with 5 losses or more including 8-10 Wilmington who didn't win their conference tournament???

Somehow I'm #4 in the league a #1 seed and stormfury's favorite to get to the Final Four.

I guess I've been wallowing in the disappointment of not getting my expected recruiting class (Dan Lash - 15.9 pts, 3.3 reb, 1.2 ast at SF for New Haven; Aaron Leadbetter - 8.5 pts, 2.6 ast at bSG for Glendale) and what could have been if I had coached well two seasons ago when I had 3 future All-L7 players and I didn't use them correctly, not to mention an all or almost nothing recruiting class.

After a full season at PG that he deserved awhile ago, Sr Joseph Phifer has a solid 11 pts, 2.4 ast, and 44-47 ft. SG Ernest Morin is still a top 10 scorer. Fr SF Konrad Garrett has to be one of the top frosh scorers at 17 pts. He also shoots over 50% from 2 and 3. I'm surprised how good this team is. We avenged a loss to Chicago in the C20 Championship game and I feel good about them going forward.

Frankfort beat Waterloo 84-71 to win another C18 championship. The way this conference is recruiting, I better cherish these while I can. Sr Benoit Carter has been showing in his bench play that maybe he deserves to start due to his "Sr push." The early results are good, not great, as defending the position seems to be an issue whether its BC or Elmer Custis.

I like Frankfort's draw in the NTT. As a #1, I'm an prohibitive favorite over the 8, 9, 16 seeds in my pod. The best teams in the next pod are Nashville and Waterloo - teams I have already played and beaten this year. I did draw defending champ Carnegie as the NE #2 seed. Should I avoid an upset and make it that far, I'm hoping their disappointing freshmen class has weakened his bench enough to be a factor bc his starters are great. I don't think I'm strong enough at the guard positions, or overall defensively, to make a championship run; but I got about as friendly a draw as one could ask for. And let me say before I jinx myself, that I could be upset in any game for guard and defense reasons already mentioned. So I don't blame Storm for predicting my upset.

No change in recruiting other than I'm 1/1 and trailing Chicago by 3 on a netter PG. Ho hum.

I do think any of the DeACCon coaches can win the NTT given a good run and some luck. With 3 freshmen in the starting lineup, I could easily see us getting upset in the first round though I am hoping to at least get a shot at Philadelphia.

As already stated Flagstaff picked up a 4 seed in the bracket with Fort Worth as the 1 seed. After studying my bracket I actually like my draw quite a bit. I think Brunswick will give me a very good game in the first round, they have a very talented Junior and Senior class, with a go to scoring PF. From the looks of it most of my opponents have good scoring PF's so I will be moving Stone to C and Naquin to PF since Stone has a tendency to get torched by good offensive players. Don't really see many big time scoring PG's in my path for a few games so that's a plus, seeing that Pedigo is a so-so at best defender.

Recruiting rankings/averages for my possible opponents look like this:

Brunswick: 19th overall with an average of 37.6
Milwaukee: 45th overall with an average of 54.7
Fort Worht: 60th overall with an average of 67.9
Augusta: 18th overall with an average of 37.3
Myrtle Beach: 55th overall with an average of 66.1

So that is most of my options of who I will play through the sweet 16 (if I get that far) so I'll have more talent on my team than each of those teams and the most "talented" opponents i'll play are in the first round and the other is an 8/9 seed. So I really like my chances to advance deep into the NTT this season. Should be a fun ride.

Good luck tonight for everyone. Here's to hoping we have an all deacon final 4.

:thumbsup:

Cincy is relegated to the Pfftttt tourney after a heartbreaking loss in the finals of our conference tourney - up 5 at the half, we found ourselves down 2 with 2 minutes to go. We have 4 chances to tie or win the game and they end with a travel, a turnover, a blocked shot and a missed 3 pointer :rulz:

Had a shot - now I am just hoping to keep my head above water and stay over.500 for the season.

Getting excited, god I hope I don't flame out earlier again. Good luck to all the coaches tonight, no matter what tourney you are in.

So my bPF was a 9 after the conference championship. No big deal since I have a 6-11 Sr on NA. I moved my bC to bPF and moved by NA Sr to bC...or so I thought. Imagine my surprise when I checked the box score and I played my 6-3 NA at bC by mistake. Imagine my further surprise when I saw he went 5-6 from the line for 5 pts, 2 reb, and 1 ast in 9 minutes.

Picked up a 90-64 win over #16 Anaheim.

Flagstaff gets by Brunswick by a score of 86-74. My big boys won the game for me down low, combining for 37 points on 12-20 shooting (12-13 FT) along with 14 boards. Only had 4 TO's which was huge for me, as well as outrebounding them by 9. Good win for us. Was only a 1 point game with 5 minutes left, then we pulled away thanks to freshman Rene Naquin. Naquin scored 12 points in the last 5 minutes to put the game away. We move on to play a Milwaukee team ranked #12 in the latest PR. Should be a great game. The PG and PF battles will probably decide this one.

Congrats to Dearborn, Frankfort, Nashville, and Duluth. Really tough losses for Boca and Chicago. Looks like Boca's draw was really unfavorable, having to face a stud Senior Center and Harlan Stokes. Hate it for you Storm, but you will be back.

Congrats to Dearborn, Frankfort, Nashville, and Duluth. Really tough losses for Boca and Chicago. Looks like Boca's draw was really unfavorable, having to face a stud Senior Center and Harlan Stokes. Hate it for you Storm, but you will be back.

Live by the Freshman die by the freshman! As Tau pointed out Boca was this year's resident flame out team. PG Mo Poisson fouled out in 18 minutes of play with 9 pts which is tough when you're used to getting 27 minutes and 17 points from him. Steven Norris decided he didn't want his senior career to continue flopping for 3 pts/6 boards. Backups Schmidt, Mask and Busch tried to overcome the deficient play at PG/C from starters but it just wasn't enough to overcome a better team.

It's really no surprise that the Achilles heel was the Center presence:
PG/bPG - 20 pts, 4 a
SG/bSG - 30 pts, 3 s, 5 rb
SF/bSF - 14 pts, 9 rb, 5 a
PF/bPF - 10 pts, 14 rb, 3 a
C/bC - 13 pts, 10 rb

Going into this season the post play was a big question mark and what a horrible time for it to finally surface. At least it appears we will have some help in that area next season with Fred Alves. The lack of solid PR this season may hurt our chances at Brice Truong (12) (Likely Springfield) and Tad Board (11) (Likely Garland) though. Season 68's success really depends on if we can land an unexpected tie or one of my netters come in better than expected. :(

Moving on in the PTT. won big against Rockford 87-53. Got 47 out of Ruis and Sanders, nice. On to the next round

Dearborn - 102
Oakland - 84

well, the game was never really in reach as we started out with a 13-1 (i think) run and were up about 30 in the second half. Jimenez and Knox combined for 49pts and Travers was again solid in the post. off the bench Clanton and Harding had good games. Clanton 14/6 in 22min and Harding got 4 stls in 11 min.

next up is Jackson War Eagles. they are a good team that really likes to shoot from deep...i mean their C takes 4 3pt shots per 30 minutes! i see the War Eagles beat me for a previous max, Robert Butler, but he doesn't appear to be the player i was expecting...he is good though. it should be a good game and our defense will have to be on the ball to win this one.

good luck coaches in the tournaments and recruiting!

i am getting excited about my potential recruits...it will nice to have more than 2 maxes on my team but i should be lucky to have won Coyne! before him i won a 1/1 on Travers but the rest came from my net...it is tough living off +3 specialty players! having said that, this season should be different...

Committed (Verbal):
Tyron Hall r17 0/0 - Ty is a 6'9" PF/C that is nasty defensively (1.7spg and 1.9bpg), he can rebound (7.5rpg) and is legit F+ (based on my scrimmages) on both shooting and hands. hopefully he gets a boost but i think he comes in F,E,G,G,_,G.

Maxes:
Allan Hutchinson r14 5/5 - i don't expect to land this guy but he would be a perfect fit! P+ local hurts my chances a little.

George Alcock r29 2/2 - Big George is a 6'7" PF that is E scouted G,E,F,E,_,G. he would be a HUGE asset to lineup next to Ty. scrimmages prove that he has a nice shot and is also a menace on defense.

Herb Lung r10 5/5 - i have cooled on Lung as he is overpriced right now for the type of player he will be at this level. i have him as a SF/PF type that has a nice shot but is average everywhere else. like Ph, i think his value should be around 3/3...too late now!

Christian James r15 0/0 - Christian is the exact same type of player as Lung, even in scrimmages! both 6'8" 20/8 with 1.5 D...either one i will be fine with and they will need to carry the scoring load for this class. i will let the computer tell me which is the better player.

i have 2 others 0/0 but i am not sure what i am going to do with them yet so i will keep quiet right now. they are very different types of players and it is going to be very difficult to determine what type of player i will need (scoring or defense)...:wtf:

i hope they work on changing up the way your priorities are set up...i hate the current system.

Warak looks like were battling for Hutchinson haha. He has already gone down from a 7/7 to a 5/5 since the reveal. I am not getting my hopes up either, and i have a backup option, but he would be a huge player to land

Warak looks like were battling for Hutchinson haha. He has already gone down from a 7/7 to a 5/5 since the reveal. I am not getting my hopes up either, and i have a backup option, but he would be a huge player to land

i noticed that...i am due for a 5/5 win. i have yet to land one!

just my luck though, i will land Lung (also 5/5) but i have an equal-ish player 0/0!

Back