• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

16-team Pay and 14-team Free NBA Fantasy League drafts complete; let's boogy

themag_101020_Joakim_Noah_Lives_Here.jpg

lol, jaybone is so upset about this

I get it, he went to bed thinking he'd won, not noticing the box score for one of the three remaining games wasn't updating. Though I notice he started Chalmers last night when it was announced well in advance that Mario wasn't playing, so perhaps some of this angst should be turned inward.

If anyone was robbed, it was Llama. He'd have crushed either of us in the Final.

Upset is not the word I would use. Crushed. Deflated. Horrified.

The funny thing is you dance up and down winning an extra $125, which is certainly real money, but I probably dedicated 5 hours over the last two weeks to this. Some of it at 3AM or 4:30AM (I was getting up anyway, not worth explaining), so it's like I put twice as much passion into a sideline gig that netted me - for the season - $1 an hour???? 3$ an hour????

I would NEVER go to the desk to do paid work or even creative work at 3AM. But for the $325 pot, hell yes motherfucker!

But I get the schuadenfreude. I waxed you a week earlier didn't I? And you probably had the hotter, better team.

I get it, he went to bed thinking he'd won, not noticing the box score for one of the three remaining games wasn't updating. Though I notice he started Chalmers last night when it was announced well in advance that Mario wasn't playing, so perhaps some of this angst should be turned inward.

haha. Yes, I missed that. I did the math though and my best numbers were with the 10 I started. I had almost no turnovers with that group and the guys I benched who scored wouldn't have helped me win any category just lose turnovers by a wider margin. You on the otherhand, could have won assists easily playing a different set of guys and still won rebounds ...

I blame the man who brung me. KLove. He had something insane like 25 turnovers for me over the last 10 days. And I watched two quarters of TWolves ball across two different games and holy shit that team was loose with the ball. Rubio had 5 turnovers in the quarter I saw. He was whipping no look passes through 3 defenders to Dieng, who played great but no way he catches any of those passes. Love just seemed to refuse to work too hard to get back balls if there was a scramble. Summer's coming ya know and no need to get scratched up and shit.

Also, what was the fucking deal with Jimmy Butler who was giving me like 2 to 3 steals a night all season long and then goes dead a week ago until last night. I mean dead. he had 4 steals across 5 games until last night. Fucker.

And of course all this ignores the fact that you lost Unibrow as the week started and I lost, well, nobody all season long. I lost Butler for nearly a month early and Kemba missed two games this week, but I had a pretty charmed season. Until last night!!!!

Last edited:
Ahh, true enough. If your stat correction rain dance is answered, it'll be I kicking myself for starting the Manimal over Jamal Crawford. Got laser-focused on the rebounds category, thought turnovers were already in the bag

I am pretty sure if there was going to be a stat correction they would have already done it.

No idea how NBA stat corrections work. The NFL, there's a hard deadline. In a league that's probably/most definitely rigged, there appears to be no such structure. Fast and Loose, the David Stern legacy.

I know there were some grumbling about streaming during the playoffs, and I don't really care if the roster move total is lowered, but I will say this - 1) I earned that roster flexibility in the playoffs by drafting well and making minimal moves during the season. 2) I think there's something pretty awesome about losing your no. 1 pick (The aforementioned Brow) at the beginning of championship week and still winning the title. (Furiously knocking on wood.) That only happens because of smart, targeted streaming.

what do you mean by streaming?

I made less moves during the regular season than you did. I left 15 or so transactions on the table.

Adding players for a game or two, then dropping them for another player for a game or two. Playing the schedule to maximize games played, essentially.

Maybe it's a difference in philosophy, but I see no reason to leave transactions on the table. Can't bring them home with you.

No idea how NBA stat corrections work. The NFL, there's a hard deadline. In a league that's probably/most definitely rigged, there appears to be no such structure. Fast and Loose, the David Stern legacy.

I know there were some grumbling about streaming during the playoffs, and I don't really care if the roster move total is lowered, but I will say this - 1) I earned that roster flexibility in the playoffs by drafting well and making minimal moves during the season. 2) I think there's something pretty awesome about losing your no. 1 pick (The aforementioned Brow) at the beginning of championship week and still winning the title. (Furiously knocking on wood.) That only happens because of smart, targeted streaming.

Yeah, easier to make smart, targeted streaming moves when you're the only teams standing. At the beginning of the playoffs when so many teams were still active, it was garbage city with everyone on waivers.

Streaming sucks. Not knocking you for playing by the rules of the game, but there were some teams making 15+ roster moves a week. Come on.

Oh agree to an extent. I just had guys playing pretty well. For example, I couldn't bring myself to drop Jeff Adrien for say a Kevin Garnett.

Here is what I think. At the beginning of the year you do your research on static information. You think, for example, that Damian Lillard is going to have a killer season because he will start play big minutes, get better from last year, and he doesn't seem to get hurt, etc.... You make your draft choices based on somewhat static info made slightly dynamic by pre season games.

But then during the season, you can add and drop players based on dynamic information. Guys getting hot; guys getting more minutes because of injury or because they have gotten better; then for the playoffs, that dynamic information gets exponentially slippier. I should have added, say Cole Aldrich instead of Kevin Garnett because as it turned out and as either one of us could have possibly figured out, the Knicks were going to play him 30+ minutes a game the last two days of the season which would mean great rebounding numbers. Now, multiply that by 50 or so available players and it gets a bit unwieldly. You end up just throwing players up against the wall and see who sticks.

Either that or I don't have the dynamic mental capacity to anticipate Cole Aldrich going for 15/13 the last two games (or whatever he went for), and therefore I want to change the rules to play to my more remedial dynacism!

Back