• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 127: THIS IS THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Doodle today is legit. COMPUTER SCIENCE YALL.

I decided to skip on lovefeast this year because of the panther's game. that was probably not the best decision, though i finished up my final project for one of my classes too in that time so that worked out.

Got the tiniest bit of snow overnight but now it's turned to freezing rain. Supposed to be mid to high 30s and raining today yayyyyy.

Full work week ahead, followed by a catering gig on Saturday. For the first time in forever, I'm on the ball and have all my Christmas shopping completed. It feels weird.

Full work week ahead, followed by a catering gig on Saturday. For the first time in forever, I'm on the ball and have all my Christmas shopping completed. It feels weird.

What kind of licensing do you have to posses to cater? Are you allowed to serve your beer?

What kind of licensing do you have to posses to cater? Are you allowed to serve your beer?

If its charitable catering then you can do that once per month without a license. You just have to file with the health department each time.

If its for profit you have to file and the health department will inspect you

Then alcohol are other permits. Beer and wine are easier than liquor to obtain. Alcohol permits increase liability. Some caterers are now going to a model where you hire out a bar tending company who has a separate alcohol license.

Some venues charge more or require more security based on alcohol and the type being served.

What else do you want to know? Those were questions I could answer in my sleep v

Last edited:
need to make progress on gift ideas this week

4real

i am pretty far behind. i have 2 people figured out.

i think for work, i'm gonna go to reading terminal and get a huge gift basket with chocolates and shit and put it in the break room this week with a happy holidays from townie card on it, and get my one boss a bottle of bourbon and call it good.

for the rest of my fam and gf's fam, still kinda lost. especially lost on my secret santa. my craft attempt failed miserably this weekend.

For work gifts the past few years I've been buying a holiday-themed $1 lottery ticket for each person. everyone gets something, it is cheap, and it is not junk to take up space (like people who give little ornaments and lotions) (#gifthorse #mouth).

I've got a few things for my baby nephew but that is it. Haven't done any other shopping. My parents want some new rakes and I always buy my Dad a calendar but otherwise I haven't even started thinking about it.

My parents asked for my list and I couldn't think of much that would be easy to gift. I am so lame now that the list ended up including an iron, ironing board, and dust buster.

If you do it for friends and family, none. I don't serve beer at any of them for liability reasons, but have provided coolers or a kegerator if the hosts want to buy their own.

Had to share this pic from a Facebook friend:

1476421_10202886769957009_1067038897_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back