• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 greatest last shots in film history

Since the had a few cheesy horror flicks, the lasts shot of the First Friday the 13th was good.

not sure it counts as strictly last shot, but the end of Lost in Translation.

Big Night should be a little higher

Ugh. The Searchers and 2001 in the top 5? 2001 was a great movie but c'mon. And no Touch of Evil? Dietrich walking off into the darkness with the piano playing? Excellent choices otherwise.

Ugh. The Searchers and 2001 in the top 5? 2001 was a great movie but c'mon. And no Touch of Evil? Dietrich walking off into the darkness with the piano playing? Excellent choices otherwise.

I always thought of Touch of Evil for its opening scene.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Hate that the terrible Crystal Skull movie kind of ruined that awesome hangar full of boxed-up mysterious shit.

seems like many of these are last scenes and not last shots, but that's quibbling

pretty good list

the-thin-red-13.jpg

Blutarski driving off in the deathmobile with Mandy Pepridge was legend.

i fucking love the last shot of Michael Clayton, but not sure it fits with this list.

Wait the godfather isn't on here? Am I drunk already? I would have thought that would have been #1,2 and 3...

Citizen Kane is not in top 50? I'm calling BS.

Back