• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ski Rack

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
I am looking for a rack to hold 4 skis. I am assuming my best options are Thule or Yakima. Anyone have any good spots to purchase one on the web? Also, any recommendations for a brand I may not know of that is not expensive but does the job? Any advice is much appreciated.

Last edited:
I've had Thule systems in the past, and love the quality. If your vehicle has factory crossbars and you can mount the Thule rack directly to them, that is your best bet. Otherwise, it gets pricey real quick to build the entire Thule system to mount to the rails or windows or gutters.

I've had Thule systems in the past, and love the quality. If your vehicle has factory crossbars and you can mount the Thule rack directly to them, that is your best bet. Otherwise, it gets pricey real quick to build the entire Thule system to mount to the rails or windows or gutters.

I should have mentioned that I do have factory crossbars. I have a Subaru Impreza Outback Sport.

I bought a complete Inno set online for around $200, including the base system (crossbars) and ski/snowboard rack. Can't remember the site I bought it from, it was some random ski shop in Utah or something that had an online store, but they can be found elsewhere for similar prices I think. They certainly get the job done, I couldn't justify spending the Yakima/Thule prices for the 2-3 times a year I need the roof rack.

http://www.innoracks.com is the company's website but I think you have to buy through some other online dealer like Amazon or something

4 skis or 4 pairs of skis?

I imagine he means 4 pairs of skis, which pretty much all racks (unless they're suuuper narrow or you have ridiculous powder skis) will accommodate- you put the skis base to base.

Back