• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Things from the 80's that you haven't thought about in over 10 years

Dude I was a boss ass ACCELERATED READER (that's what they called it)

Holy shit the superbar was only 2.99 for all you can eat.

also Rex Chapman commercial for all those Kentucky and Hornets fans, which is MDMH.

I used to go to the Pizza Hut on Reynolda every week and get a free personal pizza because I was a reading maniac. Although this was in the 90's, so maybe it doesn't belong here. I don't remember anything from the 80's.

Didn't you tell me a famous deac hung out there?

I submit the Burger King Kids Club.
TMNT_BURGER+KING+KIDS+CLUB+AD-VHS+TAPE_1.jpg

We totally had those.

Also did the Pizza Hut reading thing ALL THE TIME. And had some of those sweet shades. There's a decent chance some of them are at my parents' house somewhere.

Pizza Hut also used to have collectible glasses all the time. We had a ton of Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc.

mJC01BTy5THVf-CO9qwwcSw.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!ogFI(i4wSpzBSG4gtsoJ!~~60_35.JPG

Why the hell were we so excited to have a set of GLASSES? I remember being PUMPED about a new Star Wars glass.

Deborah Foreman…aka Valley Girl. 80's chicks had such awesome hair.

2lakx5.jpg

Record stores, though I think about them more than once every 10 years. I'd get my allowance at the end of the month and go buy whatever record or two struck my fancy. First two I bought (since I bought them the same day) were Tattoo You (Rolling Stones) and Freeze Frame (J Geils Band).

At NC Pizza Huts in the 80s, during march madness they used to give out mini basketballs for ACC schools. Those were money. I used to have like a dozen and destroyed them all.

I still have the two from Duke's championship seasons.

What are the 10 best covers that you guys do? I fucking love 90s music. Still pretty much all I listen to.

In no particular order:

Soul to Squeeze
All over you
In Bloom
Alive
Say It Ain't So
Only In Dreams
Somebody To Shove
Santeria
I alone
Big me

The pizza hut final four balls def bring back memories. Wow I was obsessed with those every year.

Oh man you #youngbloods that didn't get to enjoy the slice of heaven also known as the Superbar just don't know what you missed. The ultimate #protip was to make a taco salad combining the Garden Spot with the Mexican Fiesta.

Anybody who went to the Superbar and got anything other than nachos was an amateur. I mean, really, who wanted lettuce in the 1980s?

I've still got records, and in fact just purchased a ton more. I love listening to our record player.

I'm talking the combo though - a record that had the kids book to accompany it and you tucked the 45 into the back flap of the book.

I raise your Pizza Hut book garbage with the following:

Free Bo-berry biscuits every day if you get all As and Bs.

Also, in college, Wendy's would do $99 Carolina Classics every time UNC would win a basketball game. It's the only good thing, ever, about UNC winning.

Back