• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Things from the 80's that you haven't thought about in over 10 years

deacdiggler

"Well known member"
Reaction score
Well, until now anyway. I suppose its things you suspect I haven't thought about in over ten years.

And the Wendy's Superbar.

Wendy's Superbar was my jam. I think they still had one in Lumberton until just a few years ago. Must have been the last one.

Oh man. I loved the Superbar. For some reason garlic bread stands out on there. Weren't there like tacos and pasta and stuff? That was so long ago.

i don't recall pizza on the SuperBar but they did have a pasta section, a 'mexican' section and a regular salad bar

i don't recall pizza on the SuperBar but they did have a pasta section, a 'mexican' section and a regular salad bar

I actually don't remember it. We didn't have a Wendy's in LBG back in the day. Read some blog that mentioned pizza. y u lie internets?

I used to load up on the small cubes of ham in the ketchup cups. Who's gonna stop an 8 year old?

Timely topic, I hadn't thought about any of the old 80's TV cartoons in forever until yesterday when a couple of websites that I visit did posts on TaleSpin and the Gummy Bears TV show.

I can't find the Gummy Bears one, but here is the TaleSpin Link

Timely topic, I hadn't thought about any of the old 80's TV cartoons in forever until yesterday when a couple of websites that I visit did posts on TaleSpin and the Gummy Bears TV show.

I can't find the Gummy Bears one, but here is the TaleSpin Link

ask and ye shall receive:

see if you can hit the high note!

It could probably have its own thread but there were some great Saturday morning cartoons in the late 80s and early 90s. Bobby's World > * dontchuknow?

Google images for Wendy's Superbar are amazing:

wendys2.jpg

b0adthe-wendys-superbar.jpg.png

wendys+superbar.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

wendy's superbar looks AWESOME. didn't know they had all that stuff and wendy's used to be cheap

Oh man you #youngbloods that didn't get to enjoy the slice of heaven also known as the Superbar just don't know what you missed. The ultimate #protip was to make a taco salad combining the Garden Spot with the Mexican Fiesta.

The only problem with the Superbar was that whatever you ate, it all tasted the same. But I think it had the Frosty machine at the end too. Didn't the Wendy's by Groves have the Superbar through the 90s? Though I always preferred the Fixin's Bar at Roy Rogers anyway with the OSHA-violating flaming hot cheese sauce at a kid's eye level.

I did the superbar a lot as a kid. Always went nachos/mexican bar though. Dat gross fake yellow cheese was apparently all I really wanted as a child.

Back